A little too busy to write as I grow older

I suppose that it has been at least 6 months since I’ve written anything. Somehow I have managed to make my world a very busy one as I have been trying to balance both work life with personal life. It seems that I have lost touch with both my exercise program and healthy lifestyle. I find myself searching for different ways of being healthy as my age is introducing certain aches, pains and ailments that are difficult to understand.

I have been taking to reading to try to understand this transition that it appears that I am going through. Hitting the treadmill and lifting weights no longer works for me and I am looking at things like Tai Chi and Yoga as a new period of my life begins. Today I have decided to set out to do just a little hiking to spend some much needed time in nature. It will be a time to reconnect to the universe and allow my mind to expand these thoughts I hold inside.

Change is inevitable I know and I seem to have become a master at accepting and thriving from change, but when change effects my own personal beliefs of just who I am it becomes a little more difficult to deal with. Still the truth is that I am slowly becoming a senior citizen though I feel I am yet years away from what I consider a senior citizen.

I know that deep in my heart I already know the key to crossing over this thin line in which I walk. I have always known the answer. Keep walking, stay close to nature in both body and soul. Find joy in everything you do and love the small things in life.

This entry was posted in adventures, aging, blogging, family, fitness, food, growing up, health, hiking, life, mindfulness, minimalist, simple living, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to A little too busy to write as I grow older

1. jtamburini says:

I am right there with you, Sister! Thank you for this.

2. dorannrule says:

Perhaps crossing the line will have positive results. I am at the same place and becoming less resistant at times and determined to stay on the younger side too. A gentle walk in sunshine and cooling breezes makes me think I can do more. But for now it is enough.

3. Great post! Welcome Back! Missed your writing.

4. I noticed your disappearance. Glad to know it’s because you’ve been busy. Me, too, doing more sedentary (writing) work and less physical, tho I still tend my veggie garden and fairy garden. The fairies, however, create more work down there than the bunnies wreak havoc in the veggies. It does keep life lively!

5. Maturity is not the same as decrepitude!

6. I can completely identify. Many tragedies have taken a toll on my body, mind and spirit over the last couple of years. I am just nearing 50. I find that I donโ€™t have the strength to bounce back as quickly as I once did nor can I force my body to do what I want it to. So Iโ€™m shifting gears from one as an extreme high over achiever in life to one where Iโ€™m being kinder and gentler to my body and mind. I kinda like it though. It is making me focus much more on what truly matters in life and let a lot of less important things go. So just embrace it. Every stage of life, although different, has its own beauty. So nice to hear from you!

7. HER BUTLER says:

Sounds like you have everything in perspective. Good for you .

8. Prima Donna says:

Glad to have you back. I hope you will be able to get back to that balance!

9. Dear Simple Living Over 50. My, my, my – you sound “down.” Please visit my Blog: “Carole Jean’s Capers.” I’m 71 years old. Wishing you the best!

So nice to hear from you again!! Welcome back!

11. FrogDiva says:

The old cliche “aging is a state of mind” comes back to haunt me each and every time. The moment I turned 50 my body somehow decided to feel 10 years older, while my mind raced on like it was 20 years younger! Finding the balance between reality, and accepting the natural limitations while still pursuing new challenges is a tall order on some days. In addition to the mind and body balance i also seek to incorporate the spiritual (not religious) into the formula, and that has been a tough nut to crack. My needs have changed and everything that used to work for me before just doesnt fit anymore. But onward we go into living it up in our 50s!

So glad to see you posting again!! I missed reading your posts. I understand all too well. It takes getting used to it and adjusting accordingly. But it is so hard to let go of things you were used to doing.