The Morning Person

675326_b619173fb1495162deb0e6db32aa218c_largeIt’s 5:00 AM this Saturday morning and while most folks are still sleeping here I am sitting Β in my kitchen waiting for the world to awaken. This is my time to experience the silence of the world in my little corner of the globe to do some reading, some writing and once I get over this summer cold, a my time to exercise.

It seems that I cannot remember a time where I didn’t get up before the rest of the world and I have learned to use this time in positive ways. It is the time of day to pay bills and balance finances and a time to play with budgets. It is a time to learn new things like the current software program I am working with Adobe Elements. I have a free Lynda.com account and utilize these learning modules to expand my knowledge of many of the things I do on my computer and phone.

As I sit quietly here with a fresh cup of coffee in hand I ponder the realization that I am the Morning Person. I am am the one who finds the time each day to plan things and find solutions to problems before the day even starts. My energy level is at it’s height at this time of the day and I find it to almost be a pleasure to relax and enjoy this peace while allowing my mind to expand.

It will still be hours before the sun rises in the sky and I hear the chatter of birds awakening to search for their morning meal. Although today is not a work day and I have every reason in the world to continue sleeping I still find myself awake and feeling alive and ready to take on the days tasks at hand. I have never been one of those who waits on an alarm clock to shake me out of a deep sleep and send me crazily into rushing through preparing for a work day. I like to do these things slowly and comfortably.

I am the one who is falling asleep at 8:00 at night and just as well as my depleting levels of energy are falling from the busy day behind me. I will sleep for eight hours and arise once again each day to the peace of the early morning. I am the Morning Person.

This entry was posted in blogging, body building, debt, diabesity, diet, family, finances, fitness, flowers, food, fun, gardening, growing up, health, hiking, intermittent fasting, life, marriage, minimalist, paleo, photography, primal, simple living, stress, type II diabetes, walking, work and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to The Morning Person

1. Kim Smyth says:

Gorgeous pic!
    Good for you, you use your time wisely!

2. I’m always up before the sun…sunrise being my favorite time of day!!! I don’t see many sunsets … 😊

3. msgt3227 says:

I have to confess… DITTO!

4. I am usually up with you as well. Some of the most beautiful times. This picture is gorgeous.

5. kkeevins says:

JEALOUS!!! My clock ticks in the other direction. While working, most nights I’d hit the sack around midnight and I got up between 5-5:15 every Mon. Through Fri. — It was torture! I tried to turn it around, knowing that practice was NOT healthy. I thought for sure, in retirement, I’d be successful at turning it around. No such luck. I’ve been retired for three years and, to date, my success rate is about 2%. Ugh. πŸ˜‚ Example: fell asleep at about 4:30 a. m. and woke up at around 8:50. I spoke w/ my doctor about my goal to make the change. Her response: “Why? As long as you’re getting enough hours to refresh and renew, that’s fine. You’re body will keep you informed if it’s not happy.” (I think she’s secretly a “Night Person” too.). Bill, I still think you’ve got the right idea! I guess I’m missing the sound of the morning birds and you’re missing the vampire appearances. πŸ˜‚ Feel better, fellow blogger!

• LOL. Don’t worry too much Kathy as we all have our own build in clocks. The secret is to find a way to make the most of the time build around our sleeping schedules. Most people are not morning people and are just fine.

• WONDERFUL attitude! It’s refreshing to read this from an “extreme lark” – I have always been an “extreme owl” (sleep disorder) and those in my community, who rarely fall asleep before 4AM, and frequently awaken naturally around noon, are often confronted by what I’ve always called “Morning Nazis.” While I agree that morning is a beautiful time of day, I rarely see it unless I stay up all night.

I seem to come alive only once the sun goes down – at my most creative and productive. Other than the impossibility of working a 9-5 job (and fewer hours to interact with the 9-5 world), the biggest problem with my native chronorhythms is finding a restaurant where the kitchen is still open when I’m ready for dinner. I used to fantasize about opening up a restaurant that didn’t even open its doors until the sun went down and served dinner until dawn. I planned to call it The Vampires Table.

If we lived in the same time zone, you and I would meet at opposite ends of the day – I’d be going to bed as you were getting up. In fact, if you lived in my time zone now (Eastern), you’d be getting into bed about now.
        xx,
        mgh
        (Madelyn Griffith-Haynie – ADDandSoMuchMore dot com)
        – ADD Coach Training Field founder; ADD Coaching co-founder –
        “It takes a village to transform a world!”

• My wife is the same way. She comes to life at around the same time I am taking it down. I am totally worthless after 7:00 PM but can conquer the world at 5:00 AM. I guess it takes all types to to make up the balance we need in the world. It is almost 6:00 PM here on the West Coast and probably around 9:00 PM in Cincinnati if I am correct?

• 8:48pm – and I am just beginning to come alive.

Balance – what a wonderful concept. On one of my chrono/sleep posts I commented that if everyone would stop fighting about the best time to awaken and go to bed, we’d notice that larks and owls together would have the whole day covered with optimal engagement if we’d decide to respect the needs of each of us.
        xx, mgh

• Absolutely agreed. πŸ™‚

6. facetfully says:

Stunning picture. Did you do this in Elements? On the morning thing…a real blessing for you. I start slow and am not that productive in the morning, but need that quiet and alone time at some point every day. I think jealousy is a waste of energy, but I will say I admire your dedication to things and your will power!

• Thank you for your kind compliment. I believe the will power has somehow been ingrained into me and I don’t know where it came from. I don’t believe that anyone has to be a morning person to be productive you just have to do the best you can when you feel most energetic. I can’t even think about writing a post after 5:00 PM. The picture I borrowed from google, but as I will be playing with my own pictures in Elements I will surely post many. πŸ™‚

During the week, I get up at 4 to be at the gym by 5 (yes, I’ve finally gotten my groove back), so today, I slept in until 6:30. Ha!

8. This is beautiful. I definitely want to train myself to become a morning person. It feels like waste time to be going to bed late and waking up late.

9. loubelcher says:

Beautiful photo and post.

10. Nice that you can be a morning person. I am not-just not wired that way. Beautiful post1

11. Gail Kaufman says:

Me too. I enjoy that quiet time and the positivity that comes with a fresh start to a new day.

12. It is always nice seeing the sun come up.

I have been getting up around 4:30a….I sit and enjoy the sunrise with a cup of java and the silence of the world passing by, in Arizona at this time of the year, its only in the morning that you can do your outside work so after that is done I go back to bed after and get a couple more hours….there is nothing I enjoy more is sunrise and sunset…..Love the picture…..enjoy your mornings….kat

14. RachelleGreene says:

Hi again! It’s been a while! This is a great post, and it’s so relatable for me. Example: I sat in a coffee shop starting at 5am this morning waiting for a friend to wake up so we could catch up. I got a lot of writing done in the meantime! Glad to hear you’re still at it making negatives into positives!

15. andreeay says:

That was beautiful

16. I love mornings too. I wake up at 5:30 AM take care of the pets, make my coffee and sit with my laptop seeing what went on in the world overnight. With my coffee in hand surrounded by my dogs on the couch, I feel safe enough to take a peek… πŸ™‚