Foods That Fight Inflammation

Enlarge image . . . . . From Harvard Women’s Health Watch . . . . . Doctors are learning that one of the best ways to quell inflammation lies not in the medicine cabinet, but in the refrigerator. Your immune system attacks anything in your body that it recognizes as foreign—such as an invading […]

via Foods that Fight Inflammation — Cooking with Kathy Man

This entry was posted in simple living. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Foods That Fight Inflammation

1. Jo says:

I needed this poster today. Jo @ Let’s Face the Music

2. I would not put nightshades like tomatoes on a poster like this. I have to avoid them when I am inflammed. Many people with autoimmune disorders that cause inflammation have to stay away from tomatoes​ and peppers.

• timewithlyme says:

I agree…many of these foods I cannot eat due to complications with Lyme. I can only tolerate leafy greens and olive oil on this list. With any health information, you have to really listen to your own body and realize what works for one person may not work for you. We are our own walking chemistry sets! Plus: there are other foods that fight inflammation that aren’t on here: garlic, ginger, and pineapple also have properties that supposedly fight inflammation. It’s all a matter of perspective and science…the more you know, the better you will feel.

3. timewithlyme says:

Thanks..sadly, I can’t do the lemon and apple…any foods that break down to sugar, I get a stinging pain in my system….I do take a pill w/ curcumin in it, but maybe I’ll just start sprinklng turmeric on my kale when I cook it…

4. gitfitsite says:

Oh boy, my diet’s in trouble!

Don’t forget all the spices that are also great anit inflammation fighters..!!!!

6. Kallmann.C says:

Thanks for the great post! I just made a post regarding heart attack so do check it out if you’re free! http://medicalessential.wordpress.com

7. heri says:

Make sure to check where your salmon comes from!