Diabesity War Day #13 – Muscle Demand

Yesterday was a complete mess. I ate an early breakfast of a banana and peanut butter because I new I had to leave work and drive over an hour to get to training where they were sponsoring lunch. Lunch turned out to be sandwiches, chips, cookies and soda. Yea, you guessed it, I at that crap. Two hours later I was falling asleep during the lecture. For dinner I grilled a burger on the grill and ate some spinach. I still had that carb cycle bullshit going on so I ended up eat a bunch of crackers after dinner. With each mistake we make there is always a lesson to be learned and todays lesson is always bring your own food when you don’t know what will be on the menu.

Today I have changed the routine up slightly as I am doing just 20 minutes cardio followed by a strength training routine with heavier weights and two sets instead of one. The reason for the change is that I here my body screaming for a real challenge with muscle strength and less of a desire to walk for a full length of 40 minutes. The overall length of the workout is still just under an hour and fits perfectly with my time available. And it feels really good to warm up before performing muscle bearing exercises.

Tomorrow is a was as it is a travel day. We will be leaving the house at 4:00 AM to get to the airport by 4:30 AM when TSA opens. We board the plane at 6:00 AM and should arrive in Tampa, Florida by 5:11 PM after a stop over in Chicago. Once we get off the plane we have to pick up are car rental and drive over an hour through rush hour traffic to get to the house we rented through Home Away.

I am hoping that Sunday will bring about the opportunity to get up early and run the beach. I am a little scared of the food choices I will be making over the next week but know that I can find a supermarket and pick up some healthy foods. I may eat things I shouldn’t but when I do I will simply limit them in quantify. Stand by for the trip folks…
______________________________________________________________
Blood Sugar- 109, Body Weight- 186.2

Treadmill
Distance- 1.33 miles
Time- 20:01 minutes
Calories- 154.2 burnt

Bowflex – ARMS and ABS
Curls- 80/80- 20, 15
Hammer Curls- 70/70- 12, 14
Tricep Pulldown- 70/70- 21, 15
Dips- 140/140- 25, 23
Situps- 17, 15

This entry was posted in body building, diabesity, fitness, food, health, intermittent fasting, life, minimalist, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Diabesity War Day #13 – Muscle Demand

1. Enjoy your well-earned vacation.

2. Kim Smyth says:

I feel you are frustrated, you just stick to your guns! You’ll be fine!šŸ˜Š

• I always get frustrated when I find myself in a situation where I cannot control the foods that I eat like yesterday. I will get over it. LOL

• Kim Smyth says:

You are right, you. Have to take your own food/snacks if you are gonna stay on track. I have found since taking care of Stephanie (also a diabetic), some wonderful food bars called Oh Yeah! They are delicious

3. Kim Smyth says:

Sorry, I wasn’t done-and they have 21 gms of protein and 1 gm of sugar. They are a great meal replacement and she has one with a homemade (by me) smoothie or a boost if we are in a hurry. They can be found at Target, Vitamin Shoppe and Amazon. Give them a try!

4. suzewannabe says:

I swear to God, those ordering the food for lunchie do so thinking we can all still eat like an 8 year old boy. I learned to take my lunch because rarely was something healthy available.
    I loved when the admins would order fajitas-I could just have meat, cheese and veg.
    Sandwiches and BBQ ordered were just killer in a bad way šŸ˜¦

Enjoy the trip and don’t think too much about food. You know what’s good for you and you should definitely be able to get good things to eat while vacationing. Can’t wait to see some pics šŸ˜Š

6. Ah, the lessons life teaches us. Your BGL doesn’t look too bad this morning, though. That’s nice. Have to check out Home Away. Have you done that before? I’m interested to hear more…

7. Enjoy Tampa and the beaches. Tampa is where I call home.

8. I do hope you have a wonderful break. I also hope you are able to relax and not worry too much about an odd week out of routine…you do so well the rest of the time I am sure it will compensate. Enjoy! Many blessings.

Sounds like your doing good….5 steps forward and then 1 big one back…..6 steps forward, 1 little one back….I don’t know why its been a hard spring to get back into the ole routine for me….I am doing better myself….but its still been really hard….good to see your BS low #’s…YAY and Happy Trip…..kat

10. I had a rough Sunday. Ate a good breakfast, but then with yard work and waiting too long to eat again, I was scrounging around for chips and dip. That led to overload the rest of the day. Back on track today as well. I am down about 8-10 and want to keep going. Good luck with your travels!

11. suzewannabe says:

Interesting that this gets you too. I call it “popping the bubble”. Once I start with garbage food, I want more! More! More!

Except Taco Bell.

That fills me way up and then I feel gross.

Ha-ha!