Another New Grandchild and a Book Reading Update

il_570xN.419664303_d6ynI wanted to wait a few days before making this announcement, but truth be told… We have another Grandchild. Josie Ann was born on April 11th almost two month before due. Yes, she is a premie and for a while it was sketchy as to whether she was strong enough to make it. But with thousands of prayers and in incredible staff at the hospital she is doing well.

Just a month earlier her mom had to undergo an emergency surgery to have her appendix taken out and this alone was a very serious situation. Both Mom and baby pulled through but the last 30 days were pretty tough on Mom. Carrying a baby is difficult but when you add on healing from surgery it becomes even that much more difficult. I am proud of my daughter-in-law for finding the courage to get through all of this. It will continue to be difficult as Josie Ann will have to remain in the hospital for up to 6-8 weeks before she can go home.

In the mean time my daughter-in-law Elizabeth flew in from Tampa leaving her two babies at home with day to support her brother and new wife through this highly stressful situation. She had a stop over in Denver, Colorado where a storm came through and dumped 4 feet of snow on the Mountain. Her flight was delayed almost 24 hours. She safely touched ground in Portland, Oregon last night. We picked her up exhausted and made it to the hospital to see her newly born niece.

So this chalks up Grandchild #6 between Sharon and I and I couldn’t be more excited. If nothing else in the world gives the inspiration to take care of myself, just looking into the eyes of my Grandchildren is enough.

Reading Update- “The Obesity Code” by Dr. Jason Fung
I will be writing little about health until I get to the point in Dr. Jason Fung’s book “The Obesity Code” where I start taking action into a new plan of attack. I want to make sure I get it right. Although the book is called The Obesity Code it could just as easily been called the Type II Diabetes Code as everything I am reading is inter related. Although the it is an easy read as many of the topics discussed are the same topics I have read before in medical journals I am still taking my time reading and re-reading certain chapters. I am sure that when I finish the book I will read it in it’s entirety once again. There are certain new things that I have learned that I just want to scream out into the world but I will hold out until I finish the last chapter.
__________________________________________________________

This entry was posted in family, fitness, food, health, intermittent fasting, life, marriage, minimalist, Oregon, simple living, type II diabetes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Another New Grandchild and a Book Reading Update

Congratulations, Grandpa (again).

2. Best wishes to you all – a stressful and amazing time…

3. Kim Smyth says:

Congratulations Grandad! Glad to hear everyone is doing well after such a stressful time. Enjoy the newest addition to the family!

4. Mick Canning says:

Congrats! 6 of them! Same as us!

5. jncthedc says:

Congratulations on receiving the new blessing of another grandchild. As challenging as life can be, looking into the face of a grandchild somehow magically makes everything seem ok. I’m very excited for you, your wife and your family.

6. four2tangoblog says:

Congrats!! Such a blessing!!

Congratulations on your new grandbaby!!! I am glad that your daughter in law and the new baby are doing well and hope they both continue to improve!! New babies are always a joy 😊

8. Midlife Man says:

Congrats Grandpa! With the family’s caring ways, Josie Ann will make it through the tough period. Best wishes to her and parents.

9. Congratulations. I’m so happy to hear that all is well. I pray that they will continue to gain their strength and remain healthy. It’s so nice to have support from the family at a time like this. Wish you all the best.

Congratulations to you and Sharon…will keep your little Josie and mum in my prayers and send healing thoughts….xkat

11. Cindy says:

Wow..sounds like a busy and stressful few weeks. God bless you all!

12. Gail Kaufman says:

Congratulations! Grandchildren are a blessing. My granddaughter is the light of my life.

13. suzewannabe says:

Congratulations on Josie! Prayers for you and family that she come home soon 🙂

14. naturalred says:

Congrats to you and your wife. Grandbabies are so precious

15. facetfully says:

What wonderful news…that all is well, thus far! Congratulations to all and best wishes and prayers for continued wellness! Sounds like an amazing family!

16. det-res says:

Congratulations. Such a miracle! You have a beautiful family. Those kids are lucky to have a grand dad like you! Yes they are worth it!

17. Guru Singh says:

This is wonderful news – congratulations. Glad that both Mum and bay are doing well. Much love from across the pond! x