The Obesity Code – Dr. Jason Fung

images

Everything you believe about how to lose weight is wrong. Weight gain and obesity are driven by hormones—in everyone—and only by understanding the effects of insulin and insulin resistance can we achieve lasting weight loss.

In this highly readable and provocative book, Dr. Jason Fung sets out an original, robust theory of obesity that provides startling insights into proper nutrition. In addition to his five basic steps, a set of lifelong habits that will improve your health and control your insulin levels, Dr. Fung explains how to use intermittent fasting to break the cycle of insulin resistance and reach a healthy weight—for good.
________________________________________________________
Rather than blogging I have started sinking my mind into this book. It may be the first modern breakthrough in truly understanding not only what makes us gain weight but also what is the root cause for Type II Diabetes. I think that a little time away from over trying to find my own solutions and learning more about what science is busy proving may have lasting effects in the future when it comes to my own mission.
________________________________________________________

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, intermittent fasting, life, minimalist, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Obesity Code – Dr. Jason Fung

1. jncthedc says:

Sometimes we need to view health in a similar light to financial investing. If we continue to “emotionally” change the investments based on short term performance, we generally wind up reducing our net worth (by buying high and selling low.) Sticking with successful conservative financial strategies provide most people with positive outcomes. Maintaining good conservative health strategies including four key components (physical, nutritional, mental and emotional) generally provide positive outcomes. The hardest part with financial “health” and physical health is the discipline and patience required.

2. Ashley says:

I only briefly looked into what this Dr was all about but from what I can tell, he supports the facts that animals proteins and Cortisol are two of the main contributors to type two diabetes. If this interests you I would HIGHLY recommend watching the documentary Forks Over Knives on Netflix and then Pure Plant Nation. They were extremely eye opening for me and my family. My father has type two diabetes and by changing his diet over the past two years, has lost weight and is almost completely off his medication after having to take it over 15 years. What we put into our mouths is key. Good luck on your journey.

3. Living In Denim says:

Interesting book that I am going to read as well. I am fortunate not to be suffering from diabetes but know that could change due to weight I have been struggling to get off for a few years now.

thanks…looks like a most interesting read for those of us that either have diabetes or trying to keep from getting it….ordered the book…kat

5. I didn’t read the book so decided to look it up on the net. Turns out that Dr Fung is a nephrologist (kidney doctor) and not endo (endocrinologist). Therefore his knowledge about diabetes is not coming from the direct contact with the diabetic patients, albeit possibly a few but definitely not a majority. He is running a website on which he promotes a membership $$$.

The way I see it, he’s doing all this for money. Invented a questionable diet so that his site stands better in terms of SEO. It probably wouldn’t hurt to try. But don’t count me in.

6. Jim Johnson says:

I’ve not heard of this book. I’ll look into it. My LCHF eating lifestyle has allowed me to get my blood sugars back in the normal range. 29 lbs lost in 120 days. This is working for me. But I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

7. Reblogged this on Purple Silky Kisses and commented:
    As you know watching my weight and staying fit is my number one goal. So every time I come across literature that will aid me in doing so, I’m all over it. Thank you Simple Living Over 50 for the share.