I Will Break These Chains That Bind Me

chained_from_light_by_proxycomics-d9ev42yIt has been two years since I started this mission to get back in good health. I quit smoking, started working out and changed my diet to eating from nature. In the last several months I have made some changes for the worst. I have been skipping workouts and eating some pretty crappy food. Today I am making the effort to re-kindle that flame I once had burning.

Although I have made several efforts this year to try to get back into the swing of things I have found too many reasons to stop. As of today I will dedicate 1 hour out of each morning to get a workout in. It doesn’t matter if it’s a good workout or a shitty workout, I will workout.

I will get back on track and give deep thought about every mouthful of food I put into my body and make the right decision before the fork does it’s thing. I will seek out those natural foods like fresh vegetables and fruits and when I do eat meat it will be grass fed. I will keep a closer eye on the calories I take in the same way as I will acknowledge the calories I burn.

I am the Beast that burns within me and must break the shackles that have been placed on me over this long, cold winter. I am awake and getting more angry by the day that I feel trapped by laziness and non-inspiration. I am coming out damn it, for it is my time to shine.
___________________________________________________________

Bowflex- CHEST
Bench Press- 260- 12, 15, 19
Incline Press- 260- 12, 10, 10
Decline Press- 260- 12, 10, 8
Fly’s- 65/65- 10, 10, 10

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, health, primal, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to I Will Break These Chains That Bind Me

1. suzewannabe says:

Just a thought. Is it possible you have low Testosterone? Non-motivation is a symptom. My husband, 60, takes bioidentical testosterone shots weekly and feels “more like (himself), excited about life and motivated.
    Berberine, available at Vitacost, he takes daily and his A1c is lower than in 20 years (advice from a top notch Baylor nutritionist who helped me lose 30 lbs).
    Best of luck 🙂

• I notice that just by lifting hard it boosts testosterone naturally.

• Wm. Allen says:

I believe you are correct, heavy lifting boosts testosterone. And taking a supplement results in your body creating less testosterone on its own, at least that is my understanding. Everyone wants a quick fix, just pop a pill. Same with weight loss, they want to lose 10 or 20 pounds in a couple of weeks. One is lucky to lose 2 pounds a week and actually keep it off.

• Two pounds a week is a reasonable expectation and weight loss is more diet than exercise. The body needs time to burn fat.

2. That’s why I try to stick to half hour workouts, I figure they are better than nothing and much less intimidating than one hour.

3. If you do not have a lot of time throughout your day to dedicate one full hour to exercise, do not stress. You can do 15 minutes at one point, do another 15 or 20 (or more?) and just repeat throughout the day. Some find that breaking up their workouts much more doable. And, of course, do not stress. Good luck! You can do it. 💪🏻

4. Jade Olive Sage says:

I’ve had a few setbacks myself but we are acknowledging them, confronting them and moving forward.

5. All of us need a sabbatical (relapse). Good luck on getting after it again.

6. jncthedc says:

Your words are powerful and will likely help motivate many who have experienced a similar frustration. Have you considered a different approach to prevent a similar outcome?

7. jncthedc says:

When it comes to exercise:
    1. I would reduce the “high” intensity workout (at this time) since we know high intensity will elevate glucose levels in the bloodstream.
    2. I would keep my cardio workout in the 60-70% target heart rate zone to provide the body a safety net to release fat storage for energy utilization.
    3. I would do 20-25 minutes of cardio and 35-40 minutes of resistance training.

When it comes to nutrition:
    1. I would clean my house of any temptations.
    2. I would log my foods for accuracy and greater self commitment.
    3. When going to friends or out to dinner, I would prepare a home meal and consume it PRIOR to going out. This will keep hormones in check minimizing cravings and provide greater incentive to eat less of anything unhealthy.
    4. I would prepare meals for the week and freeze them to avoid the thought process, “what do I FEEL like eating?”
    5. You must hydrate with 80-120 ounces of water daily.
    6. I would suggest starting with a macronutrient ration of 35% Proteins, 35% Carbohydrates, 30% Fats. I would minimize your starchy carbs (unless you choose resistant starch foods) and get 5-8 servings of vegetables/daily. I would include mixed berries and low glycemic fruits in smaller amounts (1-2 servings/daily)

I would ONLY begin this process if your MIND is truly ready to START. This process will not succeed if you try to use it to force yourself to succeed. You must truly be ready to live a lifestyle that encourages GOOD HEALTH while finding real meaning and enjoyment in life’s ventures UNASSOCIATED with FOOD and other behaviors that may evolve into self destructive outcomes.

Naturally, I would encourage you to check with a licensed health care provider BEFORE following ANY suggestions to make certain your medical history offers no conflicting information to make these suggestions contraindicated.

I hope this information helps you find a path that leads you to achieving your goals in life. Wishing you all the success possible.

8. queasypaddy says:

I didn’t mean to reblog this before asking your permission. Apologies. I had a fat finger allied to a brain dead moment.
    I read it yesterday and it reflects a lot of my thoughts and challenges at the moment.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I like it!!!!!