Late to Bed, Late to Rise

teen-late-for-school-rexWell, I did it again. It is amazing how that time change last week is still effecting me today. I may even consider using the alarm clock again to get me up and start reprogramming my brain to get up earlier each morning until I can get back in the groove. I am losing an hour of my morning time which means that I am also losing my workout time.

We did a Birthday celebration lunch yesterday at Red Robin which means that I ate a whole cheeseburger and fries. Fries do not work well with me and it showed in my blood sugar this morning. I am totally off with developing the progress I need to get back on track and it is starting to piss me off. I am carrying too much weight and although I have made the necessary changes to start shedding body fat it seems that I am facing other challenges that are creating an atmosphere where I can simply blame it on everything else other than myself.

I have to step up and take control of this situation and find a way to get around the obstacles that stand in my way. I don’t give into these things, I rise above them. I have to get into gear and get things started. I have always found a way to create the changes I need to follow through on whatever plan I set out for myself and this one is no different.

Wake up Mr. Bill and find your path because you seem to have strayed off of it. The man has changed your natural cycles but it is you who must adapt and overcome these circumstances. You are the one in charge of you.
_________________________________________________________

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, life, minimalist, nature, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, work and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Late to Bed, Late to Rise

1. kkeevins says:

No need to fret, Bill. That path is right in front of you and you’ll be back on it pronto. That seems to be the way you roll. I’ve admired your discipline, while following your blog. One Cheeseburger Deluxe will not be what gets you. Remember, we are only human — NO LOOKING BACK! Wishing you only positive vibes as you hop over this speed bump.
    –Kathy. From:

Diaryofadedicateddiabetic.wordpress.com

• Thanks Kathy. I will find that path once again!

• kkeevins says:

YES you will, Bill! My guess is today. Have a good one.

• Kim Smyth says:

I know how you feel, damn the margaritas and chips and salsa!! Ok, it’s really me and my lack of willpower lately! Where did it go? I was sooo good for almost 2 yrs. my advice if you want it, is to start back with small switches again, like sweet potato fries instead of white, brown rice in place of white etc. That way, you can still go out, you just have to eat what agrees with you. I need to at least drink skinny margaritas and skip the chips! (Or go out to Mexican places much less frequently than we have been lol)!! Good luck, you will get back on track!

• Yes, it’s a case of rediscovering the same passion we had two years ago.

2. Become More says:

I Love this blog post! Especially when you say “I have to step up and take control of this situation and find a way to get around the obstacles that stand in my way.” I truly believe that when you have the courage to do what you just said you can accomplish anything, even the biggest of dreams. But like you said, It can be as simple as just getting out of bed and getting things done! Thank You so much for sharing!

3. You most certainly are the one in charge of your road, so get back to it!

If anyone can get it back in gear my friend it is you…don’t be so hard on yourself… a relaxing weekend away…time change….winter just coming to an end…..you got this…its a no brainer….where the hell is the beast ?!? lol kat

5. lubimur says:

Yo I feel ya. As a 49 year old with Juvenile diabetes (remember that term, juvenile diabetes instead of type 1? It’s good to be old!), I feel ya. If I’m going to eat a burger, then by God I’m eating it on a bun. So I don’t eat burgers much. Luckily for me, I cna just take more insulin before I do and problem solved. I’ll tell ya though, a blood sugar of 134 is not really bad (at least in my world). My Dr told me years ago that even in people without diabetes blood sugar can spike to 200 post meal. So it was out of whack for a day, (mine hit 327 last night for some bizarre reason), you have to look at the macro picture. I’m 49 years old, 5’8″, 153 pounds, my HDL is 88,my LDL is 55, my VLDL is 6, and my triglycerides are 31. So my diet is obviously good, spikes just happen from time to time. Get rid of the starches, eat more veggies, and most importantly, eat more fat!
    Peace!