Woke up Late

ar129971175381476Woke up late today and my schedule is totally thrown off. But I did get a good nights sleep. There is no time for a workout this morning. I have two choices – I could call a day of rest or try to get the workout in after work today. I am calling another day of rest.

Between staying up all night at the hospital the other night and daylight savings my inner clock seems to be way out of whack. I believe that simply cruising through this day and trying to get back on schedule would be my best bet today. I will wake up refreshed tomorrow and ready to get back into rhythm.

I spent most of the day yesterday be useless and taking cat naps throughout the day. When bedtime came around I felt myself not to tired at all. I stayed up to nearly 11:00 where normally I am in bed by 8:00 PM. I feel wonderful this morning and know it will be a productive day at work.

I think as we age our bodies become more dependent on a regular schedule and when something throws that off even slightly it can have many effects in our bodies. I remember when I was in my 20’s I could stay out all night, get two hours sleep and be fine to work all day with a hangover. Long are those days.
__________________________________________________________

DAY OF REST

This entry was posted in body building, family, fitness, growing up, health, life, minimalist, simple living, type II diabetes, work and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Woke up Late

1. Wm. Allen says:

There are positive and negative opinions about the value of cat naps. Myself, I think they make it harder to go to sleep. Hard to believe, but rest is every bit as important as working out, but I think planned rest is preferred over unscheduled rest days which should be avoided. However, it happens to even the best of us. The great thing about tomorrow, is that it is a fresh start. Good luck.

2. facetfully says:

So much of this rang true for me! You seem to be very disciplined, but wait until you don’t have to get up for work…it is really different to be free of any definitive demands.

3. I woke up late today too so the title caught my attention. I totally understand, I was in a little funk this morning because I found myself snacking a lot last night and skipped out on day 9 of consistent working out for me. I am taking my journey day by day but def notice the changes in my body now that I am a little older, still I ran to the ladies room a did a few squats, prayed and pushed to get out of my funk and now I feel GRRRRRRREAT again! Praying you get the rest you need and have an amazing day…you got this!

4. Good luck with the routine. I too am finding it important as I get older. ;-(

Sometimes when you get that way it’s just your body telling you “Hey I had enough” and apparently you did the day before with everything going on. It doesn’t hurt to be that way. Your body needed it. Glad you felt better the next day and could get back to normal 🙂

• It is still weighing on me today where I couldn’t even find the energy to write a post this morning. I will need some more recovery time.

• geekkat says:

I can relate to it. Sometimes it will take a coupe of days to get back on track but it will. Let yourself rest don’t fight it too hard.

• I am working hard at resting. LOL

• geekkat says:

lol…enjoy 🙂

• kkeevins says:

I can really relate to your not feeling enough energy to write a post! I feel like such a slug.

I had a similar experience, in that my brother is ill and has been in and out of the hospital for a week now. The hospital. is an hour from me, so the trip back and forth has been, well, ugh! My eating is out of whack, no favor to my diabetes, and I haven’t been sleeping a whole lot.

I’ve stayed home for two days, and do feel better. We’re supposed to get hit w/snow tonight, so I’ll be staying home. AND, yes, I will jump back into blogging. As always, Bill, thanks for your inspiration. -Kathy from:
        Diaryofadedicateddiabetic.wordpress.com

• I am recovering in a house sitting 300 feet above the Pacific Ocean in Oregon. I will write about the adventure soon, as right now I am just spending time taking it all in.

• kkeevins says:

Enjoy. Sounds like a beautiful place for some richly deserved R&R.
        –Kathy. From