Check Yourself Bro”

gandhi-quote-signatureThere are times where I really have the need to check my thoughts. There are always outside influences that have power over my thoughts but I have to remember that there are things that I can control in my life and things that I have little control over. Those things that I cannot control I must learn to step away from and draw my attention back to the things that I do have control over.

The bottom line is that it only one thing that I have complete control over and that is me. Am I fully engulfed in living a life that is based on the true inner beliefs that I hold so dear? What are those things that are so important to me and why do I get fixated on the things that mean very little?

I can care for my own health and manage my finances. I can spread my love out in every direction to share with the world around me. I can pray for peace in our world but cannot force it upon others.

Sometimes I have to look in the mirror and say, “Check yourself Bro”. What is it that you are thinking that is making up your world right now?

This entry was posted in blogging, debt, family, finances, fitness, food, growing up, health, life, marriage, minimalist, simple living, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Check Yourself Bro”

1. calensariel says:

This is a very important post…

2. calensariel says:

Reblogged this on Impromptu Promptlings and commented:
    Gandhi’s quote struck me hard this morning, and this post itself is so wise. Excellent thoughts for the beginning of the day!

3. facetfully says:

Yes! It all starts…or stops…here (within ourself)! Great post!

4. whereshappy says:

I am thinking about completing projects that scare me and making sure I spend happy times with my kid. Love this post!

Very true…like this post a lot!

6. Lori Carlson says:

Beautiful post! I used to suffer from horrible negative self-talking. It took learning Mindfulness for me to get over that. Now when a negative thought arises, I stop, reflect briefly, “check myself” and then let the thought go. I replace it immediately with something positive. It has made a huge difference in my life.