Thoughts from the Redwoods

14983632-a-fallen-redwood-tree-sprouts-ferns-and-other-plant-life-as-it-slowly-decays-on-the-floor-of-a-northA tree falls to the ground in the forest and right away as the compassionate species we are we quickly try to find solutions to fix the problem. We want to do something because hey, “It has fallen”.

Tree’s have fallen throughout forests for years before humans had any interjection in the circumstances and simply lied there to become pillar to the incredible life that surrounds it. Some tree’s are simply meant to fall and quickly give rise to the glory of its community.

This is nature doing what it has done for millions of years and our process of intervention hinders what beauty could arise from simply allowing it to be.

In the same sense how important is it that we also allow our fellow humans to fall at times. Some of my greatest strengths were found in situations through my life where I too have fallen. Of course there were always people who worked with me to help me find new life in whatever situation I was in, but also allowed me the opportunity to work through my troubles to find a way back to where I was, or where I should be.

We are not all meant to be tall tree’s but sometimes end up in a situation that to us is just not sustaining.

What ever you call it, the energy of nature, the natural cycles, or like I call it “God” it is something that we have to pay attention to. Our lives are supposed to bring us joy, not always through achievement but through love. I have found my greatest love in simply lying on the forest floor living amongst those who love me. I don’t need intervention and certainly don’t need help. In fact I feel as I am more powerful simply lending life to others and sharing love.

Sometimes when a tree falls we must simply leave it along and feel blessed that a new life will soon rise to the community that surrounds it as it does to the tree. Sometimes we must simply let things be and allow nature to take it’s course.

This entry was posted in adventures, blogging, debt, family, finances, fitness, health, hiking, life, meditation, minimalist, nature, Oregon, permaculture, simple living, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Thoughts from the Redwoods

1. Catherine says:

You are very lucky. Presently, I feel as though I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!

2. queasypaddy says:

That’s a great analogy. I must keep it in mind.

3. Jenn Prime says:

In the northern rainforests, fallen trees are called ‘nursery logs’, providing material to grow more trees. I am so glad that your view extends enough to link us to the natural order. Even the fallen have value, and a reason to simply…be.

4. A lovely post. I read the first part, and saw that, at least one other person understood my instinct of letting a tree lay where it has fallen. One did, last year, in our back yard, between two properties, unobtrusive to the lawn mowers. I smiled.

I also agree, while a support group, even a cheering section, is necessary, we must be able to work our process to make the strides that will allow us to move forward. The Mother knows is The Wheel of Life. We’re part of Her, so living according to the natural Laws of the Universe, makes sense.

Thank you for your thoughtful post.

I LOVE the photo you used. It’s gorgeous. Did you take it? That is the kind of forest I wish I lived near, to be able to walk among all my brother and sister Beings. 🙂

Sometimes you have to fall before you can truly get up for the final time…..kat

6. Lori Carlson says:

Reblogged this on As the Fates Would Have It and commented:
    Such a beautiful analogy for living life simply… and I quote:
    “Sometimes we are on a wrong path and we don’t even know it. As we try to stand up once again to be tall amongst the other tree’s in the forest it becomes clear that maybe, just maybe there is another world we should be living in. Maybe one that is not so tall and demanding of the strength of our backs to hold us up. Somewhere in the ferns and moss we learn that living a simple life brings more joy than living a life of pride.”
    Comments are disabled. Please visit Simplelivingover50 to leave a comment. Thanks!