Just Breathe

290d2a835021e2a80050ab76d41d7b70Sometimes all you need to do is breathe. There are times where are minds become so jumbles with through of things we need to do, things we want to do and the after thought of how can I get it all done.

Life can get overwhelming when we allow our minds to try to figure out just how we are to get a list of needs met. It has always been the notebook that stays with me always that I rely upon to simply write things down and always a comfort when I see things on a piece of paper. I quickly realize that it is not as bad as my crazy mind believes it to be. I prioritize, get started and simply leave those things that are not as important for the next day.

The most important thing is that I remember to simply breathe. Just three slow breaths in and out can make a world of difference. When we get into these crazy thought patterns it leads to shallow breathing and a mind without an adequate amount of oxygen can quickly make any thought an alert. I believe that this also leads to what people call “panic attacks”.

So just breathe.

This entry was posted in growing up, health, life, meditation, minimalist, primal, simple living and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Just Breathe

1. Kim Smyth says:

Great advice, when I don’t relax and breathe and then prioritize, I’m all over the place and let my confusion derail my day. Much better to have a list and stick to it, I use my notes app on my phone most of the time, however, there are times I make written lists as well. In fact, I should do that right now! Have a great day!😀

2. calensariel says:

I just ordered a cup with the words “Just Breathe” on it for my morning tea. I loved this post.

3. calensariel says:

Reblogged this on Impromptu Promptlings and commented:
    I am doing a new, different kind of journal at the moment that has my mind going 90 mph. One of the ‘treasures’ I felt God had given me right up front was ‘Just Breathe’ and I ordered a cup Friday with those words on it for my morning tea. Was tickled to find Simple Living Over 50 had posted on this today. Wanted to hold on to it for future reminders!

Always a good thing to do through out the day….deep breaths….ahhhhhhhh……helps put life in perspective….always a good post….cat

5. Jentodd says:

Just looking at this photo is calming. I also find writing lists to be calming. You nailed it with the words “…not as bad as my crazy mind believes it to be.” Keep writing. This is a gem!

6. Catherine says:

I’m over 50 too. And had it not been for “Impromptu Promptlings”, I would have never found your blog. Glad to be following you!

7. I always forget to breathe. thanx for the reminder.

8. Pingback: Just Breathe | Simple Living Over 50

9. Lori Carlson says:

Reblogged this on As the Fates Would Have It and commented:
    A wonderful reminder to all of us…. Just Breathe!
    Comments are disabled. Please visit SimpleLivingOver50 to leave a comment. Thanks!