True Wealth

pinky-loveSometimes it is too easy to lose perspective on the realities of life. We too often can forget about the ground we walk on as we are allowing our minds to move forward. Sometimes we get so caught up in where we would like to be that we forget about what where we are and what we have.

The most valuable thing I have in my life is my amazing relationship with my wife Sharon. Together we have done amazing things and accomplished much. We have a nice home here in Oregon which I am working hard to pay off in the next couple of years. We share all of the joys of living a simple life and both enjoy each other’s company. One of the things we like to do best is do just sit around and talk after a hard days work. Just the simple act of looking into her eyes lets me know that I am loved and I so love her too. We support each other in everything we do without criticism. Our relationship is the key to our happiness in life. Everything else is a bonus.

As we both met later in life we both had children separately and the amazing thing is that we both were blessed with the most wonderful and thoughtful children in the world. Our family continues to grow as grandchildren and coming into the world and we both love spending time with all of them.

Yes, sometimes we all look out into the world we live in and desire things that we don’t have, but it is sometimes too easy to forget about the things we do have. Wealth is the definition of what you feel in your heart and has very little to do with what is in your bank account. It is the treasure that you wake up to each morning and fall asleep to each night. Money comes and goes, but what really counts is the love you have in your heart and your home.

This entry was posted in simple living. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to True Wealth

1. Miss Dinie says:

Yep. Looks like you have grown wise, old man.. Good words!

So true!!! I am glad you are fortunate enough to have someone that means so much to you!! It’s an amazing feeling šŸ™‚

3. Sharron says:

Nice. Sometimes we forget just how lucky we are as Americans.

4. kimberlysmyth says:

I enjoy a relationship like yours as well, isn’t it wonderful? I’m so happy for you and agree 100%!!

5. Where your treasure house is, there your heart is too.

Isn’t is nice to be in love and have that love returned…one of our favorite things to do is just talk together….sit and engage in conversation together….I love my husband with all that I am, he is 14 years older than I and I love the wisdom he has shed on my life…we come from 2 different worlds, he grew up in war stricken Germany and I in the country in Washington State, for me I never had to worry about food on the table and want for anything….I have never shared a love like ours with anyone….we enjoy dreaming about the what ifs and why not’s but always end up right back where we are and very happy with what we have…..I love that we are both on the same path in life…..I am always happy for couples that have found that deep, true, honest commitment love……happy for you my friend, Sharon’s a lucky woman to have a good man in her life….enjoy the rest of the week…kat.

7. Howto$tuffYourPig says:

Money can’t buy the important things in life!

8. Gratitude is key to satisfaction in life šŸ€šŸ€

9. Wonderful words. Warmed my heart on a cold, rainy evening.

Beautiful post Billy, thank you for sharing it!! And congrats for your wonderful family!!

11. Gratitude is the key to happiness! Great post! Thanks for the reminder.

12. I couldn’t agree with you more. I will continue to make my relationships top priority. šŸ™‚

13. Pingback: True Wealth | Alice B Carlson