I am Unleashing the Beast

55153-Unleash-The-BeastI am totally in full fledged Beast Mode this morning and taking my workout to a new level. I have made the decision to give this 6 month period all I have to offer and see where I end up. I have been making mediocre efforts with weight lifting to keep my body from building up inflammation but when you look at my blood sugar numbers it doesn’t seem to make much of a difference. I want to take this workout routine to it’s limits and see if I can get past a certain breaking point where things normalize. This may work out and it may not, but without any type of effort I will never know.

So Yes, I am unleashing the Beast that lives inside. I will allow him to rip and tear muscle tissue until Spring arrives and will uncover the and disclose the results. This means bringing each set of exercises back up to three and working each one to the last point of total exhaustion. I will keep the blood pumping hard throughout my arteries and suck up every last drop of excess sugar that resides in them.

I will feed the Beast with enough protein each day to satisfy his hunger while eating enough good carbohydrates to provide the energy he needs to explode during these extreme workouts.

Even at 54 years old I am not ready to slip into the shadows of a grave that waits for me one day. I am a strong man both physically and mentally and will take charge of my body as I do my mind. I will become everything I was created to be and I will have stamina and strength to walk through this world tall and proud.

Bowflex- ARMS
Curls- 80/80- 15, 18, 16
Hammer Curls- 70/70- 12, 12, 9
Tricep Pulldown- 60/60- 16, 19, 18
Dips- 310- 25, 24, 23

Meals
6:30 AM- Protein Shake (42g), Oatmeal
11:00 AM- BLT
2:30 PM- Protein Shake (42g)
6:30 PM- Rice and Beans with Steak

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, life, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to I am Unleashing the Beast

1. garym6059 says:

Sounds like it has been a productive day so far!

2. Sandy says:

Soy and some other, if not all beans are link and a known contributor to inflammation, diabetes etc. Soy is an absolute tragedy.
    If not mistaken all beans, but I know for sure soy has phytic acid which attaches itself to calcium, iron, zinc, and other minerals which doesn’t allow our body to absorb any of the nutrients.
    If you’re working out hard core and following it with beans/soy (I’ll spare you my rant on the GMO soy and it’s corruption) you’re doing more damage to your muscles etc than you might be aware of.
    Lab animals tested with the soys phytic acid have enlarged organs, diabetes, and high levels of inflammation. That’s just the phytic acid portion. We won’t go into soys contribution to other ailments.
    I’m telling you all this because most protein powders etc. Have a lot of soy in them. Not to mention to progesterone content.

3. Sandy says:

Sorry Billy … I also seem to comment with negativity. You’re always inspiring, appreciate your determination and devotion to better health and a better life and I love your blogging!!

4. Why do you feel you need to fuel your muscles with carbohydrates?

• I have noticed a huge difference in the past with endurance during workouts when I am not eating carbs when I was strictly paleo. Of course this doesn’t mean that I will be chomping down a bowl of sugar frosted flakes. (They are not actually GREAT). But I will be eating a lot more sweet potatoes.

5. john northrop says:

Good luck, Doug.

I hope the beast works out ok for you.

My latest checkup determined I am now 100% in the clear on my sugar, HBP is gone, and all other numbers are great -according to the docs.

I had to leave the beast – it’s too damaging and hides too many other flaws too easily. Too many years of lifting heavy – it almost killed me a year ago.

I’m sticking with my body weight only exercises and lots of power walking and running. I’m down 5″ in my chest, 2″ in my biceps, and 3″ lost in each thigh. People who haven’t seen me in awhile ask “what is wrong- you shrunk!”

I smile and just say “no, I’m actually ‘right’ now – and I expect to live a long life with this leaner body”.

May you be Blessed – in your new job – your Florida move – and in your health!

I’ll stop following/ reading. I am like an alcoholic who can’t stand to watch another start drinking all the time. Lol. I just can’t.

Be well, good sir!

-john n.

Sent from my iPhone

Is that what woke me from my bliss this morning….the roar of the beast can be heard in the next state!!! You Go !!!! glad to see he’s back and with a vengeance I might add….ice will be your best friend…..Hope your getting a good sweat on!!! kat

Rar, beast! Good work.