If All the World were Nude

07leucipClothing has long been a way for people to express themselves and I certainly look good in a black suit. We go to our closets each day to prepare for our days but even before that we take the time to select certain styles, drive to our favorite stores to purchase these items and tend to the process of washing and drying them. We even pay cleaners to take care of our precious outfits. There are massive industries built around just clothing.

But what if none of this existed and it was perfectly acceptable by society to be nude all of the time? Now understand that I don’t agree with this idea, but I am trying to make a point here. How would you dress if you had to present yourself to the world completely nude?

Would you watch the things you ate each day to make sure that you didn’t build up excess fat? Would you find a workout plan that keeps your body toned and looking good? Would you spend the same type of energy on taking care of your body as you do taking care of your clothes? Our new fashion designers would be fitness trainers and ironing would be replaced with workout time.

I can just assume that for most people the answers to these questions would be “Yes”. If this is the case then why wouldn’t it be just as important to present yourself before your mirror in the morning after you get out of the shower with the same enthusiasm. Aren’t you just as important if not more than strangers you walk past each day?

I am working my legs today and I often forget about just how important it actually is to keep these two large parts of my body in tip top shape. It can be too easy to not challenge the muscles in your legs as we tend to neglect them as we are working on things like our abs, arms and chest. I feel that a good leg workout is just as important if not more for battling Type II Diabetes as we are using large muscles to work the removal of sugar from our bloodstreams. I also love how I look in a pair of shorts.

Bowflex- LEGS
Squats- 230- 15, 15
Calf Raises- 230- 15, 15

Meals
6:30 AM- Oatmeal
9:30 AM- Protein Shake
12:30 PM- Fish, Asparagus
6:30 PM- Burgers, 1/2 baked potato, broccoli

This entry was posted in art, body building, fitness, food, health, intermittent fasting, life, minimalist, nature, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to If All the World were Nude

1. Who’s riding the grey horse? That’s what I want to know. 😉

2. facetfully says:

Interesting thoughts. From the title, my first thought was that you wrote this after enjoying a clothing-optional resort! This is even better thinking!

3. storyad says:

Great article. My first thought after reading the title was that I would be really cold all the time…

love the thought and I am thinking that the world would not be so overly obese as it is now if we had to live nude….I would hope we would be required to carry towels to sit on…LOL you have beastly legs my friend….I have noticed that mine are starting to get some of there old shape back…definitely slimmer….my trainer set me up to work on all parts of my body, not necessarily on the same day, but I am finding I get a little in for each part….if I do my upper body, then I give it a rest and do my legs, then go to another section…working for me,….I am glad clothes are not optional….good post….

• It is a matter of simply caring for yourself as you already know. When we take the time to care about how we look nude the it only enhances how we look dressed in our favorite clothing.

• New Journey says:

how true…my regret is I will ever have that slim, trim, firm butt, stomach, or even chin again…partly my age, mostly because I let myself go for so long…and no surgery for me….

• I struggle with many things also and despite my attempt to try to reverse the process of aging there are just so much that I can do. I just accept it because I really don’t have much other choice. It is happiness I seek and keeping myself healthy.

• New Journey says:

I agree, happiness, feeling secure and being as healthy as possible is just about all I can ask for…gravity has taken a hold of my body and fighting it exhausting…LOL my husband loves me for who I am and everything else is a bonus….LOL

• In my eye’s my wife is the most beautiful woman in the world. Life and love is so much more than the cover page of a magazine. I have learned to replace the human characteristic “beauty”, with the word “healthy”. When one is healthy there is a beauty that emanates that is indescribably astonishing.

• New Journey says:

I agree…it all about what’s inside…and its true when one is healthy you just glow…..

• New Journey says:

I just tagged you in my latest post to do the Be Thankful challenge! 🙂 Do it don’t do it…its just part of the season…kat

5. Wow, that was jarring! And eye opening! And, man, those were good points! I need to get on the ball. Thanks for the wake up call! And, hey, are those really your legs? Jeepers!

6. Great blog that really got me thinking, how would I feel if I had to be naked. I say I’m comfortable with myself, but how true is that if I couldn’t be confident naked in front of others? The war wounds of three pregnancies and surgery and of letting myself go for several years do not bode well on wanting to be nude around anyone other then my husband. I’m comfortable with him but can’t say I would want anyone else to see underneath my clothes.

• The funny thing about this is that you would probably be not too much different than many others. In our minds eye we always picture people physically the same way people are presented before us by the media that plays in our homes each day. It not only adds to our own insecurities buts convinces us that we must purchase certain products to help us feel better about ourselves.

7. jsackmom says:

I agree so much our health would be better if we were expected to live as nudists. When my laundry baskets are overflowing I think it would easier just to be naked. 😉

8. You are in great shape. Especially as so many people 50 and over (and younger, sadly), just give up or can’t find the motivation to make it a priority.

would be an interesting world to say the least…lol. One thing is for certain though I think people would be a little more motivated to stay in better shape.

10. It does make you wonder if there were no clothes, would there be a much more body conscious view throughout society….
    P.S Nice legs….. 😉

11. I might work out more if I had to live naked, though the thought of becoming nocturnal has definite attractions….