A1c = 5.4

Diabetes Control CardThe test result are in and once again my A1c brought a huge smile to my face when I opened the letter last night. It came in at a 5.4 and proves to me that everything I have been doing up until this point has been spot on. And with the probiotics my IBS symptoms has seem to have gone away. I think I may celebrate by treating myself to a little work on the bowflex this morning. Waa Hoo!

This entry was posted in awards, body building, fitness, health, intermittent fasting, minimalist, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to A1c = 5.4

1. Sandy says:

Congrats Billy!! That’s a fantastic number!!!

Do you think you’ll ever ‘reverse’ your diabetes? Or do you think reverse is just a word misused when blood sugar levels are kept under control?

My test came in @ 5.6 and I’m determined by Christmas to have my blood sugar not a concern daily, that my lifestyle will keep it in check. Most days it’s a good if not great reading, but sometimes out of nowhere I double test because I’m like wait, what happened? LOL.

I’ll keep at the weightless, keep on building my core strength and being a healthier happier me, and also reading your blog which is great encouragement. It’s also good to know that I have company along my path to better health.

Keep up the hard work!

Cheers

2. Nurse Kelly says:

Good for you! πŸ™‚

3. Congrats on your AC1 test result. I will be having my first post diagnosis AC1 test next week. Hope my score is as good as yours!

4. Deniza says:

Oh wow this is great! Just dealt with a patient of HbA1c of 9,02!!! Can you believe that😁 wish you all the best dear :*

5. Wow! That’s awesome, congrats!! I hang out around 6.9. Almost exactly a year ago I was incorrectly diagnosed as type 2 until this past March when it was discovered I am in fact type 1. Hoping to get my numbers lower! I’ve learned exercise is magical and of course, for me, counting those carbs correctly.

Whoooo Hooooo great results……have fun on the bow flex….hope the beast behaves….LOL kat

7. dorannrule says:

Congratulations! Your results are incredible. πŸ™‚

Amazing numbers!!! It just proves exercise and eating the right foods work wonders πŸ™‚

Well done Billy, congrats!

10. Great job!! I’m just catching up on your blog tonight as I’ve been working hard on an online diabetes education program to reach more folks and help them accomplish what you just accomplished. There are so few out there really teaching people with diabetes how to do this. It’s sad because it’s really mostly just common sense. Thanks for showing so many the way and of course, leading by your own example. You absolutely rock!