I Gave Up Coffee for Tea

I arose this morning to very positive numbers as my weight once again dropped along with my blood sugar. I am well on my way not only reaching my short term goals, but getting closer to my long term goals.

tea-vs-coffeeI am still having problems with IBS and have made the decision the start my day off with a cup of tea rather than the coffee I normally drink. Coffee is the only element left that could be causing me problems and I am hoping that it is the source. Even if it is not the source of the problem I may make this move anyway as it is less expensive than coffee. Maybe another Minimalist Moment?

Treadmill
Distance- 2.64
Time- 40:10
Calories- 322.5

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, intermittent fasting, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to I Gave Up Coffee for Tea

I hope this is the root of the issue for you. Tea is a better alternative and there are so many varieties to choose from. Good luck on it!!

You’ll have to pry my coffee cup from my cold, dead fingers. πŸ˜‰

3. Dawn Waldron says:

Just a thought… it may be the quality of the coffee rather than the coffee itself. Many brands have moulds and contaminants. Worth searching out a really good ‘clean’ provider.

4. Bridgette's Digits πŸ”› An Epic Weight Loss Journey says:

Congrats on the weight loss… but tea in place of coffee… I thinks (not) 4 this lady! 😁 …but I know it’s better 4 U. LOL ~brΓ―dgΓͺttΓ©

5. cvanhook says:

I also ad to stop Coffee, I switched to a tea Matea tea. Its very good and has Caffeine but not the stomach upset that can come along with Coffee. Wishing you the best, Take Care πŸ™‚

6. hippyish says:

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND????!!! Haha j/k. Hope you find the issue asap!

7. In a post this week I mentioned I had what was essentially acquired IBS from some medical treatments that completely killed off all my intestinal flora. Luckily my doctor wasn’t into meds for it and I was willing to take the time to let it get back to normal naturally. All I was ‘prescribed’ was a daily half-cup of unsweetened, live-bacteria yogurt and a very slow reintroduction to a lot of foods, including coffee. I was off it for about eight weeks and then did a very slow reintroduce, starting with weak decaf and moving up. I was back to normal (three cups of brewed a day) in about three months…but coffee was just about the first thing I wanted back. I still eat the yogurt every day, but can now eat anything again, although I stick to lactose-free milk. Best of luck with the switch; I like tea…but I love coffee.

8. Oh, and the whole thing – end of treatment to being able to eat black beans again – took seven months.

9. I have been coffee free for 52 days and I now love my tea. It’s a much better alternative! I found when I quit coffee, I just felt better, mind you the initial few days were rough. I hope you find that this helps you.

Great decision Billy! When I made this change my body reacted in a very positive way, I wish this works for you as well as it did for me! Keep us posted!

11. MmrliRuddy says:

Just got a bunch of chocolate flavored teas and they are wonderful. They are from the republic of tea.

12. Joanne Fralick says:

I don’t have IBS but my doctor had me give up coffee, chocolate and dark colas a couple years ago. Made a huge difference. I always preferred tea anyway so not a big deal. I get my caffeine from a gum chew when I’m drowsy. Works fine.

13. I started taking a probiotic my dr. Prescribed me every morning and my stomached has been awesome!