Inflammation and Chaining the Beast Down

I have decided to lay off the weights for a few days as overall soreness has set in accompanied by signs of inflammation. There is no doubt today that my body is inflamed and take a step back to a point of a soft walk each morning for the next 3 days. Come Monday I will start lifting just one set again and resume the pace of cardio where I will slowly build back up to 3 miles per day.

054853c7c7833d7250c61df265d78a16How is it that I always forget about the process of inflammation. I set out on this new routine with the idea of just doing one set of each exercise on the bowflex but somewhere I ended up quickly moving it to two sets. There is something about body building that is so attractive to me but I have to come to terms with it. All I want to do is work those muscles each day, which would give a slow and steady building process. Sometime more is not always better. It’s that darn beast once again who wants to come out and play. An intricate part of me always want to push to do better, but in this case good enough wins the prize.

Treadmill
Distance- 2.01
Time- 32:57
Calories- 219.1

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, life, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Inflammation and Chaining the Beast Down

it’s easy to forget especially when you see the results from all the hard work. Slow and steady always wins…that beast is a sneaky thing. lol!

My “beast” got pounded into the gym floor by the barbells this morning (not literally). I don’t think there’s a part of me that isn’t sore. Time to rest, recover, and grow. Then come back stronger.

I see the beast can’t be tamed….good in one way…..I feel for you, you love the intense work out but your body is not quite there….slow and steady and there will be a time you can unleash the beast…LOL sorry your so sore, but as my husband says at least you know your alive…LOL He believes in the old adage – no pain no gain – be well my friend…and I am love with the Auagen Coast line…always have been…

4. Paradise Promotions says:

take it easy, when you need to. Stick to the Low GI Diet that will help to keep your body in an alkaline state. Once the body gets too acidic, then inflammation sets in. It’s a tough call, but sometimes the inflammation is a sign that we need to slow down a little.

• Oh, the signs are upon me. I do stick to a low GI Diet but sometimes go overboards with the workouts.

• Paradise Promotions says:

I hear you on going overboard with the workouts . . . I’ve done that myself, a few times. I walk for about an hour a day on the treadmill, covering a little over 4 km, then I’m still walking even more during the rest of the day. For the most part, I’m fine but occasionally, my sugars will dip a little too low and then I feel crummy for awhile. I’m still learning where the ‘happy spot’ is between exercise, diet and sugars . . .

• It is a fine balancing act.

Have a good rest and hope the beast doesn´t get too anxious to be released before time!

6. Coach Mary says:

Have you tried a post recovery drink? I also add 2 restore tablets before bed. It really does help. You will be amazed how much better you feel. The beast will be tamed.

• I really am trying to go completely natural without any type of processed products.

• Coach Mary says:

The recovery drink I am recommending is completely natural. No artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners and is NSF certified for sport.

• For now I am happy with cottage cheese and yogurt from my local dairy. It seems like every time I eat something that doesn’t come directly from nature I have problems.

• Coach Mary says:

Our recovery drink I was talking about has no artifical colors, flavors or sweetners. It is NSF certified so any athlete can use it. We have several professional athelets that use our products and have really good reviews and results. It was formulated by scientists with the athlete in mind. If your happy with cottage cheese and yogurt that is fine. I just want you to know that our products are of the finest ingredients and I do not want you to have any misconceptions of our amazing products. Have an amazing day. I love reading your posts whenever I get the chance.