Chester, Chester the Child Molester

So this morning I kind of flew off the handle after seeing an Oregon State Lottery Commercial. I posted it below. It may just be me because I worked in the field of Law Enforcement for so many years, but to me the character in this commercial represents – “Chester, Chester the Child Molester.” What do you think. Am I crazy?

This entry was posted in blogging, simple living and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Chester, Chester the Child Molester

Not so much Chester,, but it makes you Oregonians look really stupid and dumb….I feel for ya…I would be writing a letter to the lottery and telling them what you think as a resident of Oregon….maybe they were making it look like if your stupid, overweight and you an idiot you can win the lottery…really distasteful ad…..I would be upset too…..let the frigin beast out on them….

2. hippyish says:

EW! I didn’t think the lottery needed to be advertised anyway!

hmmm…that is just creepy…why would they use someone like that to advertise it?

4. CrazyKat1963 says:

Hmmm, all the lottery commercials are stupid humor in my opinion. But just because the guy is fat, is soft spoken, and has a mustache doesn’t make him a child molester? I guess I don’t see what you are seeing?

• Yea, it may just be my long history of interviewing sex offenders throughout my career who all share the same characteristics that this actor portrays.

• CrazyKat1963 says:

Interestingly enough, if the guy was thinner, he would remind me of three cops I have “known”… one who pulled me over for a broken tail light while I was at school in AZ. He was horrible and was flirting with me and asked if I thought his boots made him look like a nazi (I kid you NOT!). I said they made him look like Santa Claus and asked if he was going to give me a ticket, or what? He wrote me a warning. He proceeded to pull me over six additional times while I was at school there. Never got a ticket, by the way. He also reminds me a bit of my cousin’s ex-husband who was a cop in Hillsboro for years and then worked at the airport. We live in his childhood home. It still creeps me out a bit, but the house was too good to pass by. I guess we all have experiences that shape us.

• The creeps walk amongst us and they ware all kinds of different costumes.

• CrazyKat1963 says:

Nice! I like that response very much.

5. He’s creepy and the commercial really sucks.

6. mike says:

nope. not pervy at all. just another racist commercial stero-typing the “stupid fat white guy with no dance skill”. it’s ok though, cuz it’s ok now a days to mock white guys for being ‘white’
    -mike

7. Ick…Creepy with a capital “C”! That makes me want to take a shower far more than it makes me want to buy a lottery ticket!

8. Fit n Fine TN says:

Yep, he doesn’t exactly put you Oregonians in a positive light. I know how that feels… I live in the TN mountains… you know, hillbilly, Confederate flag, moonshine still, no teeth and such. I don’t look or act like ANY of the Southerners I see on TV or in ads (Thank the dear Lord! ๐Ÿ™‚ ) Tell your state that you would like to be represented in a more positive way. NOW!!!

9. Creeepy!!! If there was a small part of me that ever wanted to play the lottery, it is gone now.