Cardio Burn Day #4

Better_Than_YesterdayLike I was saying yesterday, this is not going to be easy trying to burn 10 lbs of fat in 5 weeks. Today my blood sugar is back over 100 and the scale is showing a 1 pound gain. I am lifting hard and walking fast and after the first 3 days knew that I would be experiencing some inflammation, yet I will continue to push through this routine. I will have to respond to my body some days with a little less enthusiasm and do just enough to keep up the fat burn, and other days I can give it my best efforts.

There is a big difference between weight loss and fat loss although my body weight may have gone up today I can still see and feel positive changes in my body. The difference in blood sugar can be accounted for the fact that I ate spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night and chased it down with 2 bottles of beer. For lunch yesterday I ate a Chinese meal with white rice and a sweet sauce. These things I know are accounting for a higher blood sugar this morning so I will not be blaming anything today on inflammation.

I am working out at a moderate pace and feed my muscles plenty of protein 30 minutes after my workout and a few hours after that to prevent any type of inflammation from occurring. Before each workout I eat 1 banana to both fuel my workout and later prevent any lactic acid buildup in my muscles from happening and preventing any aches and pains. I am also eating a bowl of oatmeal with breakfast each morning to prevent any low sugar crashes during the day. These things are working well for me, but I have to learn to be more mindful of my diet during the course of the day.

Bowflex- SHOULDERS
Shoulder Press- 310- 20, 19
Front Raises- 45/45- 18, 15
Side Raises- 45/45- 15, 14
Shrugs- 310- 20, 20

Treadmill
Distance- 2.22 miles
Time- 33:04
Calories- 260.5

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, life, primal, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Cardio Burn Day #4

Everything in moderation but keep the beast reigned in and you should be fine. 🙂

2. dorannrule says:

Thank you for your attention to detail and even when you are honest about what sugar inducing foods you have eaten, you continue to be an inspiration. Yesterday my A1c was 6.1 – down from 7.4. I have been avoiding processed foods, breads, pasta, etc. for 3 months. The dr. was astounded. This is very encouraging. With a little more exercise and a few cut calories, who knows. I may be able to avoid meds. 🙂

3. Keep at it. I love the way you record everything. I need to do that more. Journaling this week, but as a habit, I am sporadic in this work.

4. Ree says:

Love reading about your journey managing your health. Are you eating rolled oats or steel cut oats? I’m just asking because when I used to eat rolled oats for breakfast I’d get a severe case of the shakes 2 hours later. Each morning, before my workout I have 1/2c steel cut oats, 1 tsp peanut butter, 1/2 banana and 8 pecans. Just wanted to share in case it might help in some way!

5. dray0308 says:

Keep up the hard work! I enjoy following your journey!

6. I do like that quote and try to live my life by it’s message although sometimes I do need a reminder that none of us are better than anyone else and we must always strive to be better than we are ourselves.
    Just my thoughts….

7. shataufan says:

Its always good to challenge yourself that’s what keep you going,so keep pushing through.

Love the quote….I had a coach in high school that drilled that into our heads….your only competing with yourself…you numbers aren’t to bad for trying to keep the beast from breaking through….LOL organ Coast is beautiful as always sitting in Lincoln City tonight…

I will in Oregon not Organ…LOL On to Cape Kiwanda tomorrow….

10. womanontheway says:

Very good, keep it going. I lost 25 kg and become a trainer. You can change as well.anything is possible