Depression/Chronic Pain ~ Benefits of Vitamin D

This is one of the reasons I am choosing to move to Florida. Getting our daily sunshine is another piece in the puzzle to good health and longevity.

living in stigma

View original post

This entry was posted in simple living. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Depression/Chronic Pain ~ Benefits of Vitamin D

1. blaisegomez says:

good thing I live in the tropics then 🙂

2. Jo says:

I’ve been forgetting my Vit D; must start again. Jo @ Let’s Face the Music

3. An interesting read, thank you for this!

4. Absolutely. Essential to longevity and good health.

I worked in the medical field for over 35 years and I always loved it when the doctors would make an order for the clients to get 10 minutes of sun daily….easiest way to replenish your vitamin D…LOL

6. Just say “Florida”, and most people can imagine why you are moving there. No explanation needed! In Canada in the winter there is no possible way to get enough Vitamin D, because of the angle of the sun. So I am on 1000 international units a day. Doctor’s orders.

7. phdinmeblog says:

Thanks for liking my blogpost! Come back soon as I will yours! I’ve gotten my aunt to check out your blog recently! Light and Love, Shona

Who are you calling “elderly,” Bub? 😉

it is so true!! I live in AL and even with that when we get those rainy days that never seem to end I see the difference when the sun comes back out. WE definitely need that extra Vit D wherever we get it.

• It is something we notice but never really think about. On a good strong sunny day we can store enough Vitamin D to carry us several weeks, but when it is consistently rainy over time damage is being done. People that spend a lot of time indoors even in regions where there is plenty of sunshine feel the effects of this loss of vitamin D.

10. It’s been quite sunny in Florida this year, but for the past three weeks it has been raining! Thankfully it has cleared up. You will love it here!