Keeping the Beast on a Chain

the_chained_beast_by_cunningfox-d326xhcI am back doing resistance exercises once again and the rush I am getting from it is overwhelmingly pleasant. I picked up at the same amount of weight I left off at a few weeks ago and although I am only performing 1 set of each exercise I can still feel the challenge in each set I do. I still struggle to get that last rep up and tremble a bit as I push it through.

The key here is to not go totally “Beast Mode”, but towards the end of each set just let the Beast out to finish up the set with roaring power coming from some primal place within me. In other words, I must keep the Beast on a chain yet at the end of each set I can feel the Beast trying to pull free from that chain. Each set I do is concentrated down into almost a  trance of movement where my thoughts are focused solely on the work I am performing. Between each set I rest and do not move to the next exercise until I can feel most of my energy has returned after recovering from the last.

The further I get into the routine the more I feel the rush of endorphins filling my body creating a sense of overall pleasure. I will go to work today in a wonderful mood with a big smile upon my face as the Beast sleeps silently within me. I will wake him up on occasions and feed him the protein he demands and allow him to sleep until the next time I call upon him.

Bowflex- CHEST & ARMS
Bench Press- 310 lbs- 25
Incline Press- 310 lbs- 23
Decline Press- 310 lbs- 28
Fly’s- 90/90 lbs- 24
Curls- 95/95 lbs- 16
Hammer Curls- 75/75 lbs- 15
Tricep Pulldown- 85/85 lbs- 16
Dips- 310 lbs- 25

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, life, minimalist, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Keeping the Beast on a Chain

Love it!! That beast important but is good idea to keep it on a leash…lol!! Glad to hear you are feeling better !

2. educater21 says:

Really loving the beast analogy!

Grrrrood Morrrrrrrrrrning…my beastly friend….glad to hear your controlling the beast….its so easy for him to take over…..kathy

• I got him under control as I keep him on a short leash as I have him kept deep inside me.

• New Journey says:

I am glad as I thought personally that you were over doing the exercise before…just my opinion but it seemed you were keeping your body inflamed all the time…thus keeping your body on constant repair for itself….I understand the feelings must be wonderful when the beast comes out, but he’s hurting you when he takes over…LOL there’s a time and place for the beast….

• Yes there is. I will do my best this time to mindful of the fact that If I don’t keep him under control I could continue to be inflamed without the time to heal. Good call Kathy. 🙂

4. Nurse Kelly says:

Love how you wrote this! So creative and inspirational. Hope you keep feeling great!

5. This was a GRRRREAT post! Thanks so much, and , yes, you are an inspiration!

The beast strikes back! Careful Billy the beast´s chains are most times not very secure!