Simple living…not having to think about it

I strive to reach this point of nirvana each day in my journey. What and excellent, mind awakening post.

Less equals More (LeM)

“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves”
Buddha

To me simple living is not having to think.

You disengage the conscious mind when you design low cost of living, healthy routines and then let the autopilot take care of business. Drop all the complexity and unnecessary steps. Bore down on the essence of things.

This frees one’s mind for the bits of life that really matter.

Forget planning dinner right after lunch. Mentally auditing your recipe ingredients. Planning a trip to the grocery store to pick up all the bits that are missing. Spending 2 hours cooking and an hour cleaning up after.

Instead, begin the process at dinner. Pick what is fresh from your garden. Cook it simply. Steamed or oven baked. Eat it and move on with your evening.

Instead of…

View original post 171 more words

This entry was posted in simple living. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Simple living…not having to think about it

very true!! Thank you for sharing this post with us!!

2. suzewannabe says:

Oh, I love the “your home is not a warehouse”

3. Writer Susan says:

I agree with so many points of this post however it just isn’t possible to leave all of the complexities of life. There are some we can simplify yet others are beyond our control. Thanks for sharing.

• No, but we can place them where they need to be placed as to not be an overwhelming stress on us. There are always things that will come up and it is just a part of life to have to deal with them, but by simplifying everything else it gives us the space we need to deal with them.

4. Florida Life Minimalist says:

Since being in this tiny house I’ve pondered the meaning of simple living. I’m still trying to figure out what it means to me

great post….I have been changing my mind set to stop all the chatter in my head….I agree, cook what’s in the fridge or if you have a garden go pick your dinner…I have always tried to live with the thought of “it need to be done do it, don’t dwell on it, just do it….I was once the great procrastinator but I am proud to say I left that behind me..I have learned it takes me more than a year to change the thought process so it comes naturally….I have always tried to see the glass half full attitude on life, but sometimes situations make it hard to keep that mind set…thanks for the good reminder of thoughts of joy…..

6. hippyish says:

Yessss! I love this article. My mind has been on overdrive for so many years. So many things to do, so many decisions to make and sadly…most decisions I have to make a mundane and not all that serious BUT now it has turned into a major problem. Simple living to me is removing the unnecessary and not worrying about things that don’t need that kind of attention and not wasting my time on ‘stuff’ that I don’t use or need so I can do the things I truly love.

I am sure you are very near of that Nirvana Billy, your words are always wise and your calm is felt in your posts. Thanks for sharing this, as usual you leave something to ponder upon!