Devil Eggs

eggs_by_theguywithcloudenvyOver the last year or so I have experienced incidents of extreme diarrhea where I would feel pain in my abdomen and have to run to the bathroom and feel as if I was emptying out everything in my intestines. I could never quite narrow down what was the cause for this until yesterday. After eating eggs for breakfast this happened to me once again and the only food I put in my body was eggs. After researching this online I found many articles that pointed my in the direction of having irritable bowel syndrome. Or simply a problem in my gut. This is a quote I borrowed from LiveStrong.com

“Egg intolerance is commonly confused with egg allergies because of similar symptoms that develop after consuming eggs. Egg intolerance is the result of a defect in your digestive system, not of an allergic reaction to eggs. During digestion, your small intestine produces certain enzymes used to break down the proteins in eggs. If you lack the appropriate enzymes to break down these proteins, you can develop nausea, vomiting, gas, bloating, diarrhea and cramping. Most egg intolerance does not affect any part of your body aside from your digestive system.”

I think that it may be time to make an appointment with my primary care physician to get this checked out.

My blood sugar is good and my weight is steady. I am selecting once again to not workout this morning, but will do a lot of walking during the course of the day including many trips up and down the stairs at work. I will return to my routine soon, but right now I am fascinated at the fact that just my busy daily activities alone are keeping me healthy and I am a little concerned about taking care of this problem I am having with eggs. I know how important gut bacteria is and want to spend some time learning more about keeping it healthy.

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, life, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Devil Eggs

Congratulations on the blood sugar, Billy. Bummer about the eggs.

2. Love the egg graphic–not so much the eggy distress!

3. jncthedc says:

You are wise to schedule an appointment. You are correct in thinking along the lines of gut bacteria. Today, this word has become a buzz word which natural health companies are profiting from. As a result cheaper products are being introduced that do NOT offer the same benefits as a quality product. All Probiotics are NOT the same. In addition you want to make certain you are ingesting PREbiotics as well to provide the necessary precursors for the probiotics. Finally, all of my patients that were diagnosed with digestive disorders including IBS were instructed to take digestive enzymes. Just some ideas to discuss with your healthcare provider.

4. Interesting post. Apart from the pooping of course….!

5. JohnTFS says:

You could also consider a Pinnertest to test for all the foods you may be sensitive to, not necessarily allergic. It’s a simple blood test and if through this test, eggs are ok for you then you know the problem is in your gut.
    Great job on the walking! Raises your Non Exercise Activity Expenditure (NEAT) 🙂

Good Morning….yay for the BS…(you can take that anyway you wish this morning!!) LOL My husband has the same problem with eggs….his comes and goes depending on his stomach…we did go see his MD and he said simply, quit eating them…no magic pill to cure it, however Peter loves eggs in the morning like you, so he has cut way back in his egg consumption and it seems to have helped….he never eats them when were traveling, just in case….let me know if your MD has an better solution, I know my husband misses his eggs….

Good luck Billy! Sometimes eggs are too much protein of us to digest and our body is intoxicated with many toxines we need to get rid of. I guess the Dr. will ask you to reduce eggs to once or twice per month or something like that. Let us knwo what they said please!

8. Sweetheart there is absolutely nothing wrong with your gut! The problem is with dairy! God gave us every enzyme needed to break down what He created as food for human consumption. Animals and their parts were not “created” as a food source for humans, they became an alternative source for food as a result of Noah’s flood, all vegetation was under water and the only source for food on the Ark for 6 months was certain animals. What happens as we age is our body’s inability to continue to break down what is considered foreign matter. It goes through the body undigested which causes irritation to the bowels, if it was a natural element for the body it could handle it! Eggs, milk, animal flesh, sea food, and all chemically made and processed food items become a devil’s culprit in destroying the gut where the nutrients are absorbed into the body and the waste is excreted! See the doc if you must, but don’t let him/her fill you with endless drugs. You want to get a healthy gut, see a Nutritionist, a Vegetarian/Vegan, and a Homeopathic Practicioner!

9. dorannrule says:

I have the same reaction to milk and ice cream.

10. Helen says:

Awful if you have to give up something because your body can’t handle it, especially something as common as eggs.

Sorry to hear about the eggs. I can relate to that somewhat but mine is milk. Congrats on the blood sugar!

12. Yes! I have this. I was diagnosed with an intolerance to egg whites at the start of the year, along with wheat, gluten, beetroot, grapes & vinegar. You would not believe what a relief it has been the past six months not to go out to eat & have to make sure I know where the toilets are before I eat anything!! lol

13. Reading that back, it make no sense at all….bottom line (pardon the pun) I can eat food without the fear of pooping myself…..