It was a total surprise to me that my high glucose numbers dropped so low this morning. It may be a sign that I am finally getting better and winning the war on this foreign invader that has been living in my gut for over a week. I am feeling much better and have notice by touching area’s of my body that the inflammation which was in place to heal me is subsiding. I will continue to take it easy for another two days before I go back to working out just to make sure that I don’t interrupt this healing process and allow it to finish the job. I feel that I may be getting my appetite back soon and I will have to keep a close watch that I continue eating those healthy foods like the delicious vegetables from my garden and the local organic farms.
These highly nutritious vegetables that I ate over the last week accelerated the healing process while I was sick, and I ate them like they were medicine. So why is it so difficult to eat them when I am not sick. I will start being more mindful of this going forward. As we too are a part of the circle of nature it is so vitally important to eat those locally grown vegetables that are fresh and loaded with mostly all of the nutrition we need to not only survive, but thrive in our health. They should be the key element of our diets. Don’t get me wrong, I am not advocating a vegan diet. I have been there and done that and it didn’t work. But I do believe that our plates should be 80-90 percent of these locally grown vegetables which include healthy carbs and the other 10 percent should contain grass fed meats.
Saturday morning I noticed the difference between these vegetables after walking through the farmers market after visiting the local grocery store. The difference in color between the two is amazing. Even just the green peppers have thicker walls and or more vibrant in color and smoother to the touch. When I went home I noticed the same difference in my own peppers that I was growing in my garden. I am certain that if I sent a sample of each to a lab that the locally grown ones would show a much higher vitamin and mineral content in a test. The cost is a little bit higher other than the vegetables I grow in my garden, but am I not worth it. After continued ingestion of all of these beautiful products of nature I feel that I too will take on that same glow as the vegetables in my garden.
Blood Sugar- 88, Weight- 180.6