OK, I’m a Sick Puppy

SedonaThePitbull-isnt-feeling-well..jpg

I think I am figuring out why my blood sugar numbers have been so high recently as yesterday I felt as if I had very little energy at all during the day yesterday. I went to bed feeling like I was just run over by a truck and this morning I am not feeling any better at all. I am getting sick and I am hoping that it is just one of those summer colds. I will be taking it easy over the next several days and put off working out in favor of allowing my body to utilize every ounce of energy at fighting off whatever is going on inside my body. I will get through this Friday at work and have the weekend to rest up.

I suppose that no matter how hard we try to stay healthy, every now and then we come in contact with some sort of germ that finds a way to get through and attack the body. This of course has happened before and each time I do remember seeing my blood sugar rising. After a good workout day and excellent eating day yesterday I should expect to see my glucose much lower, so yea, Huston we have a problem.

NO WORKOUT TODAY

This entry was posted in fitness, food, health, simple living and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

51 Responses to OK, I’m a Sick Puppy

1. Rest up, and I hope you are feeling better soon!

2. Florida Life Minimalist says:

That’s a cute puppy 😉 It could also have something to do with your recent travels, my husband always get sick when he travels.

3. John Kennedy says:

Take it easy. I found that the last 3 years I worked before retiring i worked from at home rarely going into the office. I did notice thst when I flew or spent more than a day in the office attending meetings I would always get a cold.

• John Kennedy says:

I always felt it was job induced where people felt compelled to come into work.

• Yes, and I too am going off to work as I have no one to fill my shoes.

• John Kennedy says:

Big problem with the workforce. I worked for a rather large company. Took on a new role and it was a strategic role with no backup. I whined for 28 months about the lack of backup support. I’d go out on vacation or surgery and come back to a chaotic mess. It would take a week or more to recover.

The phrase I heard often was “do more with less”.

When I announced my retirement 2 people where assigned the task of supporting the job. Too little and way too late. I spent 6 weeks documenting, meeting and handing over.

The new business model brings a huge amount of stress to the individual.

• The new business model is killing people. The stress alone is overwhelming.

4. Lety C says:

Take care, have some ginger (natural antibiotic) and rest, the best medicine! Hope you feel better soon!

5. storyad says:

Hope you feel better soon!

Bummer….the beast is down…..feel better soon……

Woof. Hope you’re feeling more like a frisky puppy soon.

8. suzewannabe says:

oh no! Chicken Soup sans noodles. Get better! I had the “crud” last week.

9. chynchilla says:

Everybody I know is sick right now. I hope you feel better soon.

10. I hope you feel better soon – you do right to take it easy

11. Sharron says:

Yes, sometimes that happens but you are ahead of the game because you monitor your blood sugar and know when there are changes. Hope you bounce back soon.

12. Coach Mary says:

A large part of your immune system resides in your gut. A happy digestive system makes a happy immune system. Get better soon

13. Hope you get to feeling better soon 😊

Hopping you are better now Billy! Life is made of cycles and sometimes you need to feel a little weak in order to feel wonderful a little later! Our body has to take a rest form time to time! Cheers!

15. Christina says:

Feel better soon:(

16. cherylfoston says:

Keeping a great sense of humor helps a lot. 🙂 love the puppy! Feel better!

17. Love this picture of your dog! I’m glad you are feeling better! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and the Like. You might have noticed from my Tagline that I have a PID – Primary Immune Deficiency, so I understand how a chronic medical condition can affect every aspect of your life. I, also, have discovered that living simply has many rewards, although in my case the collapse of my immune system a decade ago necessitated the changes I’ve made. I’m looking forward to reading more of your blog, and hope that you will check in again on mine soon!