Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields

Now this is what I call taking a stand against GMO’s.

2012 The Awakening

by admin Jul 4, 2015

burning-gmo

Hungary has taken a bold stand against biotech giant Monsanto and genetic modification by destroying 1000 acres of maize found to have been grown with genetically modified seeds, according to Hungary deputy state secretary of the Ministry of Rural Development Lajos Bognar.

Unlike many European Union countries, Hungary is a nation where genetically modified (GM) seeds are banned. In a similar stance against GM ingredients, Peru has also passed a 10 year ban on GM foods.

Almost 1000 acres of maize found to have been ground with genetically modified seeds have been destroyed throughout Hungary, deputy state secretary of the Ministry of Rural Development Lajos Bognar said.

The GMO maize has been ploughed under, said Lajos Bognar, but pollen has not spread from the maize, he added. burning-gmo

Unlike several EU members, GMO seeds are banned in Hungary. The checks will continue despite the…

View original post 113 more words

This entry was posted in simple living. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields

Wish our own country would have the guts to do this.

• Money talks. If the majority of Americans just refuse to eat these foods or any products manufactured from them they would die off.

• mindfulthriving says:

I agree. That’s what happened in England. I thought I was doing this for the most part with buying only non-mo or organic corn products for the home, but then remembered that all wheat is GMO. I don’t eat gluten but the rest of the fam does and it’s not easy to find non-mo or organic wheat bread at the supermarket. Right now, there’s only gluten-free bread in the freezer so my son goes out for breakfast and lunch! LOL

• I pretty much stopped consuming all breads as they tend to drive up my blood sugar, and now grow my own vegetables in my backyard.

If our country did this most of the east would be on fire…when we were out traveling I couldn’t believe how many states had Monsanto signs at the edge of there fields… really sad….Good for Hungary, taking a stand and standing behind it…..

3. Miranda says:

That’s awesome!! Good for Hungary 🙂

4. People power can do it if the will is there and the media told the truth would help.

Well done Hungary!!

6. Elisabeth P says:

Unfortunately, if the notorious agreement TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Agreement) passes European Union Institutions and USA Congress (which likes it very much), GMOs are very possible to be “obligatory” in EU countries too. Terms about that are highly supported by USA.

• Oh, this is bad! I am sure it is about the overpopulation probslem and finding ways to feed the world. If they would just open their eyes and see that it is possible for everyone to grow food anywhere without GMOs.

• Elisabeth P says:

I am afraid that things are much more complicated… GMOs have nothing to do with feeding or even helping people who are hungry because of the very same corporates which produce them. After all, a decayed Earth will be deadly for (almost) everyone on it.

7. mindfulthriving says:

This is very interesting. I feel that I wouldn’t have even heard this in the news if I hadn’t read it here. Thanks for the info.