Back under 100!

Blood Sugar- 98

Finally I am looking and a fasting glucose number that makes me happy. I am driving down to Miami today which is about a five and a half hour trip to see my Granddaughter Emma. I will try to stay on track with the diet, but unfortunately I will be missing my morning walk both today and tomorrow. We shall see where we end up. I really do believe that I will be getting back on track with the “Beast Mode Workout” nest week for another 3 week span as I really believe that it helped out greatly last week.

This entry was posted in simple living, type II diabetes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Back under 100!

1. Florida Life Minimalist says:

Just go for an evening walk instead! 🙂

2. Maryanne says:

Congratulations on your number! Enjoy Miami. I used to have a grandfather who lived in Hollywood, which I think is close-by because we always went to Miami Beach when I was a kid. Please take some pictures. I’d love to see how much it’s changed since the 1970s!

Good on you, mate. I was getting a little concerned for a while.

Yay!!! Good numbers….remember, friendly reminder, water, water, water….Enjoy Miami….

5. whynocure.com says:

I find the only way to keep my blood sugar down is by eating mostly protein, anything that runs swims or flies. When I eat meat it doesn’t raise my blood sugar level at all whereas when I eat carbs my blood sugar goes up right away because my pancreas has to skeet insulin in to lower my blood sugar and when eating protein and carbs from vegetables there is no need for insulin.

6. Nurse Kelly says:

That’s wonderful – you are an inspiration 🙂

Cograts! And have a good trip and a wonderful time with your granddaughter Bill!

8. Juliemason says:

Hi I am a podiatrist in the UK & can’t stress how important it is to keep your blood sugar stable – thats the key- Stable – Its the spikes & troughs that do the damage, so keeping to low to medium GI foods where possible – especially choosing the right, slow release carbs & grains, more protein & upping your green leafy veg & salad to a third of your plate will help. snack on proteins when possible or if you are having something like fruit have a few nuts too. having protein with your carb slows down the release of sugar into the blood. I am enjoying your photos as I have never been to the states:) Its a good idea to blog about this as we are all following your progress & watching out for you.

Regards