First Day in Tampa, Florida

So I made it here to Tampa to escape the extreme heat in the Pacific Northwest. Just kidding… We are having fun with out newest grandson Benjamin and his brother Jonah. Last night we picked up food at a traditional local restaurant. It was Central American food and was absolutely delicious. Where ever we venture to we have found that eating local is the best way to go.

This morning I made it out and hit the neighborhood streets for a brisk 3 mile walk and collected some much needed vitamin along the way. I took a few pictures to remember the neighborhood known as Riverside Heights.

My blood sugar didn’t seem so bad this morning especially after eating airport crap all day yesterday. I will continue to eat healthy and get plenty of these walks in during the days ahead. I will not be weighing myself until my return back home.

Blood Sugar- 115

This entry was posted in adventures, blogging, photography, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to First Day in Tampa, Florida

1. The Protein Connoisseur says:

Gorgeous! I wish i was there

2. Eldonne MK says:

I love Tampa but I prefer Naples💔 Beautiful pictures!

You forgot to mention the consistent highs in the 90s, lows in the 70s and humidity. 😉

Enjoy your new grandson. I’ll be visiting my brand new granddaughter later today.

4. josie416 says:

Good for you for keeping up healthy habits on a trip.

Oh, the beauty of Florida palms……great pictures….enjoy the grandkids….and the food while your there….

6. Dee says:

Looks lovely! 😊 I read about how even a ten minute walk after eating can balance your blood sugar…so if you can’t fit in the miles make sure you get ten minutes every time you eat!

7. chynchilla says:

Congratulations on the new grandson! Now I know you’re crazy. I look at people jogging, skating, running and biking in this humidity and I know they are crazy too! You need scuba gear just to walk outside, the air is so heavy and wet.

8. Maryanne says:

Congratulations!!!

Wow! nice pics! Enjoy your family and that wonderful place, and please take lots of photos for those of us who are unable to travel much yet!

10. Welcome to Tampa! I live right close in Lakeland.
    Hope you had fun here.