Raging Like a Beast

So I have decided to stop carrying around and notebook and writing down everything I eat all day. It really is becoming a pain in the ass and to honest with you I haven’t changed my eating habits because I am accountable to a notebook. The truth is I am always accountable to myself. Of course I will continue to track my workouts, meal plans for the day, morning fasting glucose readings and weight as always, but for now on the notebook stays at home.

I know, I rant about conducting experiments about myself all of the time and one of the processes with any type of experimentation is tracking everything, but it really is getting to be too much. This whole mission is supposed to be a labor of love and not a chore. All I have to do is get in a good workout, eat from the earth, sleep well and avoid stress. This combination alone should get me where I want to be and it doesn’t take carrying around a notebook all day to get it done.

download-441I think that I might be getting a little edgy because I am raging from all of these intense workouts. I seem to get a little more angry at things I don’t normally get angry with and I am constantly thinking about sex. I think that the intensity of strong, insane workouts is stirring up and releasing hormones throughout my body and I may have just discovered the fountain of youth. I actually wake up in the morning with a strong yearning inside me to lift heavy weight as I look forward to it each day. It seems that I have unleashed the primal beast that lives inside me and it feels really good. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha (evil grin). Within each of us lives a beast. Do you dare let yours out?

Bowflex- BACK
Rows- 155/155- 25, 28, 27
Pulldowns- 155/155- 24, 30, 30
Reverse Flys- 60/60- 20, 20, 18

Meals
4:00 AM- Banana, Coffee
5:30 AM- Protein Shake
6:30 AM- Cottage Cheese, Blueberries
9:30 AM- Protein Shake
12:30 PM- Steak, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Salad
6:30 PM- Pork, Asparagus, Salad

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, health, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Raging Like a Beast

“Mr. McGee, don’t make me angry. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry.”

-David Banner (Bill Bixby)
    “The Incredible Hulk,” Pilot episode, 1977

2. WFM says:

Have you tried tracking what you eat with an app like MyFitnessPal? It’s free and really easy to use. You can even add recipes of your own through their website, and you can scan barcodes of food items to add them as well.

• I don’t want any apps or anything else. I really don’t want to track anything. All I want to do is set a daily plan into motion and carry it out. It’s actually more aggravation than anything else to me. I know lots of folks use these things but I just can’t be bothered.

Hence: The Beast has been unleashed…..LOL

4. Dee says:

Have you added cinnamon to your daily routine yet? Supposed to be good at regulating blood sugar.

Oh and …let the beast loose!! 😀

5. mjmccreary says:

I found that drinking Shakeology has helped to stabilize my blood sugar. Suffering with PCOS the rage machine was me with unstable blood sugar! My Beast is much much tamer now!! I used to add cinnamon to my vanilla shake sometimes. I didnt realize it was good for blood sugar regulation!

• It’s not something that I am willing to look into just yet. Everything seems to be pretty good right now other than slightly higher number from working out on the extreme side. AKA – Inflammation. I like to eat real food but have been doing protein shakes during the last 3 weeks of this Beast Mode Workout that I have been doing to protect my joints and muscle tissue.

6. Dee says:

And…cinnamon also helps fight inflammation 😉 …..don’t worry I’ll shut up about it now!!

• LOL. There was a song from my past called Cinnamon Girl. I used to love that song.

• Dee says:

Lol! And a new nickname is born 😀

• Awesome Cinnamon Girl. 🙂
        I want to live with a cinnamon girl
        I could be happy the rest of my life
        With a cinnamon girl.

A dreamer of pictures I run in the night
        You see us together, chasing the moonlight,
        My cinnamon girl.

Ten silver saxes, a bass with a bow
        The drummer relaxes and waits between shows
        For his cinnamon girl.

A dreamer of pictures I run in the night
        You see us together, chasing the moonlight,
        My cinnamon girl.

Pa sent me money now
        I’m gonna make it somehow
        I need another chance
        You see your baby loves to dance
        Yeah…yeah…yeah.

• Dee says:

Lol I did once date a drummer 😀

• Wow, I am having entirely too much fun today.

7. chynchilla says:

You more or less said what I’ve been saying all along. It’s too much of a chore to monitor, weigh, track, add, count etc. How is that a life? The only thing I do is log my daily food here so in the future if a family member wants to know how I turned back the hands of time (and I’m trying my hardest through exercise, food AND many other things), they can look at my blog and see how it was done. Ps. Neil Young’s ‘Cinnamon Girl’ is a cool song. So 70’s 😉

• I so agree. I will leave plenty of posts behind that they will enjoy and learn from. It seems like lately everything in our lives is tracked and I am getting a bit tired of it. And yes, that was an awesome song.

8. chandleur1 says: