And Yet Another Garden Update

The vegetable garden seems to be moving along just fine. There are no signs of any type of damage or infestation from any type of insects yet. I am hoping that between the marigolds and herbs I planted that it is enough to keep them out. The automatic sprinkler system I created is working well as I see no dry leaves on any of the plants.

Again, this is the first time I did any type of gardening with raised beds and so far I am quite happy with the results.

Treadmill- 30 Minutes

Meals
6:30 AM- Breakfast- Cottage Cheese
10:30 AM- Brunch- 2 Eggs, Bacon
1:00 PM- Lunch- Cheeseburger (no bread), Salad
6:30 PM- Dinner- Steak, Salad, Green Beans

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, flowers, food, fun, gardening, health, life, minimalist, nature, Oregon, paleo, permaculture, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to And Yet Another Garden Update

1. Lety C says:

Wow!! Beautiful, looks like taken out of a magazine!!

2. josie416 says:

Hahaha I have to laugh. Your garden is so perfect and neat and tidy, and mine is such a MESS! Looks like we have different personalities, and also like you have a whole lot more self-discipline than I do! Anyway, I’m glad you’re having this great success!

3. OK give me your address and I come by and plant a weed somewhere πŸ™‚

4. Just gloriously beautifulβ™₯

5. Wow! You have vegetable garden! πŸ’šπŸ’š

6. Your garden looks great! That basil plant is huge! It looks like you’re eating really well too. We’re trying to lower our carbs a bit as well. I have PCOS and it acts like prediabetes, so we need to get control of that.

7. Amy says:

Your garden looks great – very inspiring. It’s mid-winter where I am at the moment. My garden is a ruin. I would just love some of that Basil – yum. I am determined to get it going well this summer. I really love raised beds. I had some great ones at my previous house, but where I am now the soil needs a lot of work (very sandy). I find grass clippings mulch works really well too. Keep posting your garden pictures I love them.

8. Jim Brennan says:

That is the greenest garden I’ve ever seen. It radiates health, and healthy living. My wife and I just bout a new home, a total rehab, and now I can’t wait to start another garden. Thanks!

9. newfit40 says:

This is awesome!

10. Sandy says:

If pests come by you can buy dried spearmint and peppermint and sprinkle at base of plants with epson salts … Works wonders over here!!!

Your garden is very neat and organized … Mine is hippfied LOL!! Plus I have chickens that get all my bugs now. They do their rounds in the garden, leave everything alone except for a bug or spider on a plant or ground. It’s wonderful!

Tomatoes with that glorious lush basil together sprinkled with olive oil is my absolute favourite. YUM! I can’t wait till my tomatoes are ready too!!

11. Sandy says:

Hippie-fied!! Auto correct got me again

12. Looks great! I’m very envious! I have one zucchini flower. hah!