An Article Published About Me? Yay, the word is getting out!

Yesterday I received an email that an article was publish about reversing Type II Diabetes and one of the interviews I did was incorporated into the article on About.com. I am happy that I found a way to get this message of mine out there a little more into the main stream and show the world that it is possible to live a long healthy life with Type II Diabetes.

Can You Reverse Diabetes?

Caucasian men riding mountain bikes on trail

Caucasian men riding mountain bikes on trail

Be Inspired by These Success Stories

This entry was posted in awards, blogging, body building, camping, debt, finances, fitness, flowers, food, fun, gardening, growing up, health, hiking, life, meditation, minimalist, nature, Oregon, paleo, permaculture, photography, primal, quit smoking, roses, simple living, type II diabetes, vaping, vegan, vegetarian, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to An Article Published About Me? Yay, the word is getting out!

1. Helen says:

That’s great news!

You’re famous. I think Andy Warhol said something about that. 😉

Congratulations.

3. Thanks for posting this. It may be a matter of opinion but I personally don’t think if someone with diabetes went off their meds, it means that diabetes is reversed or cured. IMO it only means that these people are able to manage their diabetes without meds. I for once, have never been on any diabetes meds (knock on the wood) yet I do have T2D.

Furthermore, exercise sounds nice, but how do you explain the fact that athletes can have type 2 diabetes, too? For example, Billy Jean King (tennis pro), Joe Frazier (boxing legend), and I’m sure there are more but will have to research.

When Larry King was diagnosed with T2D in the 1990’s, he was surprised. “I was already exercising and pretty much watching my diet,” he says, “So I kind of took it as, ‘Now? Now I get diabetes?” He had no symptoms and it was discovered during a routine physical.

My 2 cents. YMMV

• I agree, for whatever reason whether genetic or diet that the beta cells in the pancreas are destroyed they can not return. So it is always a matter of maintenance. Of course this is only the case with type II not type 1 which is caused by an autoimmune disease that basically allows the immune system to destroy all of the beta cells in the pancreas. But for type II it is possible to do all of the right things and reverse the effects caused by too much glucose in the blood stream and thus cure the systematic damage that our bodies would suffer if left unchanged.

Great interview, congratulations and thanks for the info!

5. Lety C says:

Congratulations!

6. cherylfoston says:

Great article and Congratulations! So, funny that I was reading that article on about.com today, and now I am communicating with the person the article was about. Thank you, for reading my blog and liking my post on vulnerability. Wow! I actually now know someone famous! 🙂 Keep up the great work.

7. Maryanne says:

Congratulations! You are inspiring and helping others, and that is so awesome!

8. Jim Brennan says: