Excellent post for those just starting out and also those who need a second boost of motivation!
Goals: Motivation is derived from goals. Think of 1-3 attainable health and fitness goals– keep them achievable and realistic. Now think of a date you would like to complete each of your goals by. Time sensitivity provides extra motivation, especially as the date nears.
- Bad Example of a goal: “Lose weight”
- Good Example of a goal: “Lose 5 pounds by July”
- Bad Example: “Exercise more”
- Good Example: “Take a 20 minute walk 3x a week for the entire month of June”
- Good: “Hit a 300 pound back squat by December”
Good: “Enter in the NPC Bikini competition this summer.”
Starting to get it?
Come up with some good ones? Now, write down your goals. put them somewhere you can see them EVERY DAY. whether it be a post-it note on your refrigerator, at your desk, on your computer, or in your car. Share…
View original post 576 more words