Beast Mode Workout Day #2

1328388499_beastmodeI learned that by utilizing the protein shake at around 9:30 AM I am able to not feel hungry the rest of the day, so I feel that this is a breakthrough to avoiding eating crap during the day. I am lifting heavier than I have ever lifted before this morning and getting through each exercise to the point of exhaustion. I believe that the extra protein that I am ingesting during the day is doing a good job as I don’t feel any type of soreness today in the muscle groups I worked yesterday.

With this new workout I am experiencing inflammation as I notice the puffiness in my shoulders and my body is retaining water as my weight continues to increase. This will continue throughout the week, but should clear up over the weekend when I am just doing cardio. I know I will experience this for the whole 3 weeks that I am hitting the weights hard and will need that 1 week rest period to recover.

I am now doing the routines of a body builder where as I finish each set I am reaching the point of shaking and even draw a tear from my eye at times. It is a gruesome workout routine that demands every ounce of energy that I can muster just to get through each routine. It also feels good and feels like I am heading in the right direction. So I will push forward for a full 3 weeks of this Beast Mode Workout before I take a week off. After that week of rest I should get a getting picture of just how well this is working. I will push forward to doing a complete 90 days cycle and evaluate my progress on both loss of burnt fat and glucose levels.

I believe that this may be my last stand with my bowflex though. I am maxed out with weights on too many routines now. For example today I am doing dips with the max weight of 310 lbs and hitting 37 reps on my first set to reach exhaustion. This is sad because I consider the bowflex machine my best tool for maintaining proper glucose levels each day. I will have to make a decision when we settle in Florida.

Bowflex- ARMS
Curls- 90/90- 17, 14, 13
Hammer Curls- 70/70- 15, 15, 14
Tricep Pulldown- 75/75- 25, 18, 17
Dips- 155/155- 37, 37, 35

Meals
Breakfast- 3 Egg, 2 Bacon, Sweet Potato
Snack- Protein Shake
Lunch- Stuffed Cabbage, Salad
Dinner- Chicken Parm, Salad

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Beast Mode Workout Day #2

1. Lety C says:

Wow! It is incredile how you can manage so much weight. I’ve done weight lifting a cuple of times in my life and both times I’ve ended up with injuries. I don’t know, maybe my body is not bult for that. So now I use my own body weight to work out besides hiking and cycling outdoors and treadmill, eliptical or arc trainer indoors. But I know using weights would improve my muscle mass, but I’m just afraid…

You know, they’ve got these things called “gyms” that have a whole bunch of different weights that can go way heavier than 310 pounds. 😉

Or, you can take my son David’s advice and switch to a full bodyweight routine, which requires almost no equipment.

Not to spam you, but I’ve written before about seniors and bodyweight workouts and there’s an amazing guy named Frank Medrano who shows you just how strong bodyweight workouts can make a fellow.

3. Dee says:

Protein shake for the win! 😊

4. This is so weird, I have just started having a protein shake each morning so I can take my supplements and medications with a drink that isn’t tea. A completely great side affect of this is that I find I have the 175 mLs shake around 6.30 am and am not hungry for my breakfast until much later say between 9.30 and 10 and. In fact this morning I didn’t take my breakfast until after a walk so it was nearly 11 am by the time I ate and I felt perfectly okay with it.
    I think there is something to be said for the magic of the morning protein shake!

5. dandoesfitness says:

I’m pleased the weights are serving you well! Keep it up buddy!

6. chynchilla says:

A week off? I would think it would be to hard to get back in the swing of things after that much time off.

7. Great job! I’ve been testing the theory of getting 20 to 30 grams of protein at breakfast. It really helps me feel much fuller throughout the day and keeps my blood sugar level. Keep up the good work!

• Thanks, this is all such an experiment and finding the things that work are tough. I have been trying to do it naturally, and it was hard to cave in to using a manufactured product, but if it stops me from reaching out for crap food during the day then it is well worth it.

I´ll follow the 9:30 am protein shake advice. Thanks!

9. Can’t you take the bowflex machine with you?