Beast Mode Workout- Day #1

202423_340Today I am lifting hard and heavy. I am concentrating all of my efforts into each exercise I do and pushing each one to my limit. I am taking just a 2 minute break between sets and a 5 minute break between exercises. I will be working out this way all week long and get through all of my daily exercises. Then on Saturday and Sunday I will concentrate on hitting the treadmill. I will take this routine through a complete 3 week cycle then take a whole week off to recover. On days where I don’t feel like I have the energy to work out I will do it anyway even if it is a half ass workout. I will load my body with high quality protein both from food sources and protein shakes to ensure that it has the adequate amount to repair muscle tissue to recover each day, and find the balance of carbs I need to support the energy that my body needs but not to much to drive up my blood sugars.

Today is Day #1 of what I call my Beast Mode Workout. It will take great effort to make it through this first week as I know that since I haven’t been working my muscles this hard in a while I will be suffering some pain and discomfort for a while. I also know that I can work through it and eventually the soreness will subside in the weeks to come. I also understand that I may some high blood sugar readings in the mornings to come as my body will suffer through inflammation, but I also understand that this too will subside. I will learn to balance my foods with my workouts and anticipate seeing my early morning glucose reading drop to a steady range of between 60-80. I will not worry too much about my overall body weight, but concentrate more on my belt size. I have move up from a 32″ to a 33″ and can see myself getting back down to a 32″.

At 54 years old I am learning that strength training is probably the single most important exercise one can do other than walking. It not only builds muscle but strengthens bones that I will be relying on as I move into my senior years. I am a man who suffers from Type II Diabetes who is slowly learning how to control it and there is nothing on Gods green earth that will stop me from finding my own personal cure. I don’t have it quite dialed in just yet, Oh but I will. I will!

Bowflex- CHEST
Bench Press- 310- 27, 25, 22
Incline Press- 310- 18, 19, 18
Decline Press- 310- 30, 25, 23
Fly’s- 85/85- 15, 13, 12

Meals
Breakfast- 2 Eggs, 2 Bacon, Protein Shake, Sweet Potato
Lunch- Pork, Cabbage
Dinner- Steak, Zucchini, Salad

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, life, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Beast Mode Workout- Day #1

1. Hope this new regime works well for you Billy.

2. crazywrapsbycristinaduran says:

Hey there! Check my It Works catalog online! You can find the Ultimate Profit for your shakes! Or you can take your Greens! Get your detoxifying servings of fruits and veggies, ph- balance nutrients, and cutting-edge probiotic support to go with our convinient powder pack!

Hulk smash! πŸ˜€

you give me incentive…..you go!!!

5. saraheklima says:

Love the dedication. Think yourself healed and you will be πŸ™‚

6. Anna Buckley says:

I’m joining you on this campaign…just started a new regime last week, lost 8 1/2 lbs in the first week. Not doing the same heavy workout but concentrating on fitness and weight loss. Doing 7k hill walks every morning, cutting back on large evening meal portions, no alcohol and fasting 2 days a week. Look forward to seeing your progress, cheers from Australia, Anna.

7. thatssojacob says:

Hey there – just letting you know that a recent post of mine you liked “So-So-So-Scamdalous,” is now complete, updated with pictures! Check it out here: http://wp.me/p3Aqzs-xz and let me know what you think! Thanks!

8. Leopold says:

I agree with your comment “that strength training is probably the single most important exercise one can do.” I’m 55 and started weight training for strength and health about two months ago. I’ve since dropped almost 20 pounds and have seen my golf game improve.
    I’m not looking to bulk up or look like Arnold. But loosing weight and feeling better and stronger is totally my goal.
    Along with cardio, I’ve also started doing DDP Yoga to improve my flexibility.

9. Love It I Am On Day 9.. Wishing You All The Luck In Your 3 Week Journey!

10. Tessa says:

Right now I am happy to have a fasting blood sugar lower than 120. I was in the 60-80 range when I took my full meds at night, but that did nothing for my night time sugars. I wish my dr wasn’t so wishy washy. If he had his way, I wouldn’t have been diagnosed 10 years ago. It took the nurse practitioner who had a no-nonsence attitude to test me and start treatment. She is gone and he just keeps refilling what was prescribed and tells me to exercise which is harder than he thinks, but he doesn’t believe in the Fibro that cripples me and makes even walking difficult. I did bring my A1c down this time so that is progress.