One of my all time favorite veggies.
Popeye knew the value of Spinach, her’s some tips to remember about Spinach…
* Spinach contains more than a dozen flavonoids, which fight inflammation and cancer.
* In addition to flavonoids and carotenoids, spinach provides vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and selenium, making it an excellent antioxidant.
* The high level of vitamin K in spinach helps maintain strong bones.
* Recent research has also found that spinach is especially effective at warding off several specific types of cancer. Lycopene and cartenoids can actually kill and prevent the replication of prostate cancer cells; beta carotene significantly reduces breast cancer risk throughout the lifespan; and flavanoids can reduce ovarian cancer risk by up to 40 percent!
* Crisp, dark-colored spinach — either the smooth variety or the thicker, crinkly Savoy — has the highest nutrient value. Avoid purchasing spinach that is limp, yellowed or slimy.
* Do not wash…
View original post 35 more words