Putting Together a New Plan of Attack

Battle-Plan-2Yesterday I got some pretty good idea’s from many comments from my readers and I appreciate all of your input. The most popular was to increase my protein post workout with lifting weights. Other suggestions were just as important like keeping a sharper eye on my calorie intake and calorie burn, utilizing certain apps on my cellphone to be more aware of the things I am doing during the day, meditation, and eating more vegetables.

All of these suggestions are very important and I will be working over the weekend to put together a new plan of attack. At one point in workout routine I was able to get down to 163 lbs and had incredible energy each day. This was just 5 months ago and I went back and looked at my workout routine and diet then. What I discovered and remembered was that I was doing mostly heavy lifting, taking creatine and sticking to a ketogetic diet. I saved cardio for the weekends. I will be playing with these thoughts also, and considering bringing back creatine and adding whey protein to my post workouts.

Cardio serves an important roll and like I said I may just save it for the weekends, but I could hit it once during the week maybe on a Wednesday night. The thing is that I really enjoyed the direction that my progress was going back then and I want to get it back. So I believe that the solution is simply returning to a time where things did work correctly, but also be more aware of how my body reacts and remember to allow myself the rest time needed to restore worn muscles while feeding them the protein they need to grow. So a new schedule may look something like this:

Monday- CHEST
Tuesday- ARMS
Wednesday- LEGS & ABS, Night- CARDIO
Thursday- BACK
Friday- SHOULDERS
Saturday- CARDIO
Sunday- CARDIO

I will bring all strength training exercises back up to 3 sets with a two minute rest between sets. I will cycle creatine pre-workout and whey protein post workout. I will eat sweet potato’s with with eggs and bacon each morning. I will eat a large salad for lunch each day and settle for a smaller dinner each night. I will keep my carb intake each day between 60-100 grams and make sure that those carbs are from healthy sources only. I will recognize when my body needs a break and learn to take a week off when necessary, rather than trying other solutions. This plan will start this coming Monday and I will spend the weekend prepping for it by purchasing those things I need to make it work. I will drive down my morning glucose readings and burn the fat stored in my body down to under 15% and thus see my overall body weight decrease to under 170 lbs where I am most comfortable in my clothing. I will look in the mirror and see the reflection of a healthy man, a warrior fine tuned for battle.

To all of my readers who commented on my post yesterday, I want to thank you. You have restored my faith in battling this thing they call Type II Diabetes. It’s really all about living a healthy life and doing those things each day that need to be done. I was totally off track and have learned that when something is working, just overcome your short falls and stick with the plan.

Bowflex- SHOULDERS
Shoulder Press- 130/130- 18, 18, 19
Front Raises- 35/35- 18, 20, 18
Side Raises- 35/35- 15, 15, 16
Shrugs- 155/155- 25, 25, 25

Meals
Breakfast- Cottage Cheese
Lunch- 3 Eggs, Bacon, Sweet Potato
Dinner- Lamb Chops, Zucchini

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Putting Together a New Plan of Attack

My “evil plan” is working. Hope yours does too.

2. Anne Marie says:

I really love reading your blog! Have you ever done a 30 day cleanse of any kind to try to help you get your sugar levels where you want it? There are so many cleanse stories out there, I just wondered if you have ever tried any.

3. Ann-Marie says:

I’ve been strength training and eating clean since 2012 and it is truly a life habits change. The results have been worth it because of my increased energy and overall endurance. I have moments when I crave a croissant, of course! Who doesn’t but nothing tastes as good as feeling fit does! I’m currently cutting bad carbs and increasing protein while still maintaining cardio fitness and strength. It’s definitely a balancing act and I’m learning everyday what works and what doesn’t
    It’s great to find others who are finding their way through the fog as well toward a healthy lifestyle. I admire your discipline!

4. Just wondering out loud. If your on a ketogenic diet, but not actually in ketosis, could this lead to weight gain. I notice it does for me.

5. Well done and good luck with the new exercise regime. 😉

Hey I have nominated you for quote challenge , check it here:http://wp.me/p5trJ-pv

I hope you accept the challenge and thank you!

7. krystak13 says:

Hey!
    First, I applaud you for the dedication you have to your health and your workout. That’s awesome. Second, I do have some suggestions for you, should you still be seeking some out and want another avenue to pursue. I do have a couple of questions for you though first.

1) Have you ever done a detox for of your insulin receptor sites, pancreas and liver?
    2) Would you be interested in trying veggie protein with fiber to help your blood sugar levels?

I also have some links here for you to check out that I think may benefit you with your workouts and everything. Let me know if you have any questions or anything at all 🙂

Good luck!

• I have never done a detox other that a 2 year vegan diet, and I have tried veggie proteins in the past but found they caused much digestive problems. I like to keep it as clean and natural as possible when I eat and lean more towards avoiding anything with a label. The only protein supplement that I have had no problems with was whey. Thanks for the link.

• krystak13 says:

This detox is quite different from a vegan diet. Have you checked out my detox post “Detoxing your body”? Also, here is a link to my fellow business partner’s blog site. She has some neat things on there as well for you to check out. https://headworths.wordpress.com/starter-cleanse-add-productivity-to-your-day/

Shaklee products are clean and all natural and we are the #1 Natural Nutrition company in the U.S. and growing around the world. I do understand avoiding things that are labeled; however, I would like to ask if you’d consider trying these out, just to see if they make a difference for you. And we do have Whey protein as well.

Would you then consider coming onto our 1 hour Better You webinar to learn more about Shaklee and what we can do to help you with your health needs?

I would like to extend this invitation and if you feel interested in trying these products after the webinar, I will offer you a 30 day trial and if it then doesn’t help you in the way you wanted, return them for a 100% refund.

What do you think?
        🙂

8. krystak13 says:

And here’s my website should you want to search on more info http://krystakoenigsknecht.myshaklee.com/us/en/

9. I keep being awed by how well you’re able to discern what’s working, what you need to change and how to go about changing it. I’ve got to do the same but not sure how to even get started. I’ve been tracking what I eat and how it breaks down nutritionally but I don’t think I have enough information to make such a detailed analysis. All of that to ask – how long did it take you to get to the point where you could develop such detailed plans of action?

• From the time I was diagnosed to the point of really getting serious about finding a cure it took me 3 years. I read every book that I could get my hands on including much medical documentation. I learned about getting a good nights sleep, proper amounts of sunshine, different diets that help and of course exercise. I think that the best place to start is with just walking hard up to 30 minutes per day.