A Roaring Lion

lionMy pants are getting tight and it is not comfortable at all. I worked so hard at reducing my weight from 197 down to 165 and now that I am back up to 175 I think it is high time that I get back into fat burning mode. It is summer time and I should be naturally shedding the pounds, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I am taking in too many carbohydrates each and besides what my meal menu states at the bottom, I am not staying on track each day.

I have been giving into my hunger cravings each day and once again I have to learn how to embrace the feelings of hunger and ride it out until they go away. I have to drive my morning glucose readings back down into the eighty’s and get fit and trim again as I feel that I am losing it. I have two choices, I could be more active during the day, which is not an option with my current job or I can simply eat less carbohydrates and stick to a natural diet. For now, I choose the second. I am a lion, watch me roar.

The time for action is now, this very day. I am stepping up my game because there is nothing that will stand in my way on my journey to good health. I have to be fierce and strong and stay dedicated to my cause each and everyday. Determination and motivation to push forward and be the very best I can be is mine, and I will win this battle. There is something buried deep inside all of us that is primal in nature that stirs the will to survive. I am letting the lion out of the cage.

Treadmill
Distance- 2.70 miles
Time- 40:18
Calories- 312.7

Situps- 25

Meals
Breakfast- Fasting
Lunch- Bacon & Eggs
Dinner- Steak, Salad

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to A Roaring Lion

Good morning I eat really healthy bread , even the really healthy kind acts like a drug in my system… I believe its the yeast… Makes my cravings for it like a cat after a mouse. Must have!!!!? Just a thought that maybe complex carbs are great as long as they are yeast free…. Have a fantastic Sunday… Kathy

2. chungwipff says:

You can do it! Don’t be so hard on yourself. Commend yourself on your journey thus far and remind yourself it’s a journey, there is no “destination.” Enjoy it!

3. I’m having this talk with myself today, too. I need to find my lion!

4. I remember tight pants. Now all I seem to do is pull my belt tighter to stop the buggers falling down! I know I am in a honeymoon period at the moment and my weight will only go one way as long as I am sensible but I really DO NOT miss clothes not fitting properly, although having them fall off me really isn’t as fun as it sounds… πŸ˜‰
    You can do it. You are clued into what your body tells you. You are aware of how you feel and you know that you have crept up in weight and you will deal with it to bring it back down again.
    As for Lions, I more mouse….. πŸ˜‰

5. educater21 says:

This lion sounds like he has the same problems I do (except for the diabetes). My weight does the same thing all the time and I am always so conscious of it. It is not that I am overweight, it is just that I feel uncomfortable as long as it crosses a certain number.

I can hear that lion roar and support it one hundred percent.

6. eatcoastal says:

And watch the fasting, it actually makes you eat too much at the next meal. Smaller meals more frequently might be helpful as it sounds like you already know about good vs bad carbs.

As for the exercise, even tiny things help. Stand up if you are on the phone. Take the stairs. Park at the far end of the lot or get off the bus one stop too soon. All these things add up. You can do it!

7. Dee says:

Hi there πŸ™‚
    Firstly, thanks for liking my blog… I’m new to this… so encouragement from a veteran blogger like yourself was much appreciated!

On my blog, I’m going to be sharing the health tips I used to shed my weight (over 4 stone in less than 6 months last year and so far kept it off a year later!!). I did a lot of research into physical health, as I became so ill (Meniere’s) I had to quit my job, move in with my parents (at 36) and the medication I was taking daily was going to give me Parkinson’s symptoms. I decided to come off the meds and take ownership of my health and what I found out is there are so many things out there that can help us all be healthier. Cinnamon and coconut oil are two I’d recommened to help fight the hunger battle, apologies if they’ve been suggested before or things you already know about, just thought I’d give my tuppence worth πŸ™‚

Keep roaring!! πŸ™‚

Dee

8. chynchilla says:

I no dietician but I think dropping bread, pasta and processed sugar from your eating is simple, sustainable and helps keep the weight off. That’s what I’m doing for the most part.

9. Donna says:

You’re awesome! I really needed to hear that this morning. You are inspiring your readers and that makes you accountable to us. Keep pressing on toward the mark! We are here for you.