Dreams and Visions

Dreams-and-VisionsThis morning I conducted a financial inventory and a 6 month vision based on current income and budgets. Making a move to a new location that is over 3000 miles away takes planning and strategy, but the first step is making sure that funding for this type of move is adequate. As long as our income remains the same and we continue to live as frugally as we have been I see the move being a great success.

As our lives are pretty simple right now I see that simplicity in Florida multiplied as we will have reduced our stuff even more than we have done in the past. Moving into a rental for a year and finding the perfect property to call home base is the plan for next year. With continued savings we will be very close to purchasing that home with cash, but even if we don’t we will be so much closer to paying off a mortgage than we are right now.

So each day passes slowly as we plot and calculate every penny towards our mission. We are continuing to work towards a dream of freedom. The dream of one day being completely debt free. The sacrifices we make today will pay off big time in just a few years from now and I can see it as clear as day. I see a RoadTrek class B RV sitting in our yard and us planning camping trips to destinations we have been anticipating visiting. I see us cutting back on our work schedules to maybe just 3 days per week with other days just sitting on the beach. And this is the true nature of making dreams become reality. All of those smaller dreams and visions of getting things accomplished like simply paying off a credit card are built around the same principles of making bigger dreams come true. We had the vision of living in the Pacific Northwest and with years of planning we turned that into reality and have absorbed all of the nature and beauty of this region of the country.

It all starts with a vision, a dream of finding the passion to get the ball rolling. This is the push it takes to start making all of the changes it takes to make that dream come true. And it really is all about passion. Even when a small small dream is met with passion and desire we soon learn that all of our energy and focus is soon directed at that dream and we will find a way to accomplish it.

Do you have dreams and visions that have yet to come alive? Or are currently working towards a vision you see? Even in hard times we must learn that if we simply stay the course and Keep on Keeping because it is possible to see our dreams come true.

Treadmill
Distance- 2.35 miles
Time- 36:46
Calories- 266.0

Meals
Breakfast- 2 Eggs
Lunch- Pork Chop, 1/2 Baked Potato, Green Beans
Dinner- Chicken Parm, Spaghetti

This entry was posted in adventures, body building, debt, finances, fitness, food, fun, health, life, minimalist, Oregon, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Dreams and Visions

1. Absolutely! I’ve been working on creating a place for people to get affordable life coaching, nutrition and the like. That’s my dream and I’m not stopping until it happens 🙂 Great post!!!

2. sheryldevore says:

So inspiring. I need to think about what my dream is and start living it — or maybe I already am. I had so many goals and dreams when I was younger. I need to articulate them again. Thanks much.

3. Florida Minimalist says:

Minimalism is the lifestyle tool in which I use to reach my goals. I began the journey to a minimalist lifestyle with the goals of being deft free and traveling. I have also found a love for writing, camping and a less stressful daily routine in the process. One of my travels planned for next year is the Pacific Northwest, more specifically, Seattle and it’s surrounding areas. I can’t wait!!

4. Maryanne says:

I needed to read this today. THANK YOU! I’m so frustrated and spent the night and part of the morning in tears. Today was the day pre-sales were going on for my second book and once again, it’s delayed. I was ready to give-up, but once I’m over this hump I know it will be amazing.

5. Thank you for sharing your dreams and how you make them come true. You are an inspiration!

What a great dream to work toward and see it coming alive…as a single mother of two and living on my own for over 13 years, literally struggling with 3 jobs, living life was just that, and my future was only a dream…until I met the most wonderful soul mate….he had been married and living a fairy tale life, coming from Germany with only 5 grand 40 years ago and making his dreams come true here, he and his wife had built a lovely home and life, after she passed he went on the search for a new companion, lucky me…we met, fell in love and now I am living the fairly tale life…we do have a fourwind RV in the drive way and have already made one trip around around the USA….Florida was so much fun, the blue waters and white sands….and the people were all so welcoming…having lived in the Great Northwest, Kalaloch, Forks, Port Angeles it too is a beautiful place on earth….I am thankful for every day I have with this man, he is also an adventurist and we RV on a regular basis….I never knew the United States had so much beauty….we are trying to see every National Park, monument and State Park there is in each state…..enjoy your treks….

7. tashasmith21 says:

Really good article.

8. Noddfacrafts says:

I am there I had that dream. I continue to dream and plan. Failure to plan is planning to fail. Good luck
    Noddfacrafts
    noddfacrafts.wordpress.com

9. Helen says:

Sounds like you have got a good dream…. I wish you luck in achieving it!

As for me, the main thing is sorting out my health. I’ve been dogged by eczema on my hands for a few months and have found it really gets in the way of doing anything. So, with my latest treatment I am hopeful of a return to some kind of normality 🙂

10. Raymond says:

This is true! I have seen visions and dreams on my blog myself and will definitely work hard to get what I want all this time. Ups and downs are there but I will never stop until the point where I can get my life the way I have always wanted it to be.
    Good luck to you.

11. Raymond says:

Reblogged this on Encouraging Life and commented:
    Good luck to achieve your dreams.

12. HippoLogic says:

I think you are setting yourself up for success by making a clear, achievable goal with a time line. Writing down your goals is incredible important, then your subconscious can work on it, too. I write goals down all the time and it works!

I can recommend the book: “Write it down, Make it happen!” I found it in the library and it reminded me to write things down again.

I blog about my equestrian dreams. https://hippologic.wordpress.com/category/training-goals/