I’m Talking About Type II Diabetes, AKA T2D

Write-a-bookAfter explaining to someone yesterday that I have pretty much figured out how to beat Type II Diabetes without taking any type of medication they asked the question, “How did you do that”? The answer that came from my mouth flowed so easily and natural that I actually shocked myself. I said, “30 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes bowflex and a paleo diet every single day”. Well those of you that have been following my blog know of all the struggles that I have had and will continue to have, but after thinking about it, it really does come down to those 3 basic things.

I am by no means a medical or nutritional expert and I have no diploma’s or certifications that would legally provide me with the power to diagnose a disease or provide professional advice to others. The best I can do is simply tell my story and hope that it will be enough inspiration to get others to move in a positive direction to discover their own answers to living with this condition.

It seems that just about everyone I speak with either has Type II Diabetes or knows someone dealing with this condition and they usually ask me for more information. It is then that I realize that I could carry this discussion for hours and I often times think about sending them to my website, but then I think that I really don’t have any information completely spelled out in a single article about how I did it. I only offer a daily journal of my triumphs and set backs each day. So I thought about writing this article and soon realized that it could soon turn into a small book. I was thinking maybe a series of articles may be better, or even a video blog. Why do I need to walk everyday? Why use a bowflex and how do I use it? And what is a paleo diet and how can it help me? See what I mean. There have literally been hundreds of books written about the paleo diet alone by some of the most brilliant authors in the field of nutrition.

So where do I start? Do I create this in a form of a story? I have always found that I myself remember things better when certain facts are built inside the form of a story. I don’t know yet, but it does give me a lot to think about.

Treadmill- 20 Minutes

Bowflex- SHOULDERS
Shoulder Press- 240 lbs – 15
Front Raises- 60 lbs – 15
Side Raises- 60 lbs –
Shrugs- 310 lbs – 15

Meals
Breakfast- Sausage, Peppers and Eggs with Bacon
Lunch- Corned Beef, Cabbage, Salad
Dinner- Lamb Chops, Salad

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, life, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes, walking and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to I’m Talking About Type II Diabetes, AKA T2D

1. Florida Minimalist says:

I think those 3 things are good for anyone! I would love to figure out how to follow the Paleo Diet, I’ve seen it do amazing things for some people I know personally! Just goes to show that no matter the issue, it always comes back to good ole’ diet and exercise. I started ‘clean eating’ the beginning of the year, but have since fell off the wagon. I really need to get back to that.

2. Raymond says:

You don’t need to be a doctor or some kind of theoretically smart about food scientific. You have the experience! Go for it and help other people out of your knowledge. Start from your past experience and tell people what is exactly Type II Diabetes and how did the doctor diagnose you for the first time and what did you do after. Personal experience is much more interesting than theory of Diabetes Type II…..
    But I think your blog should be the source for your book. I think you have told people a lot here about what you do from the past until now.

• I think your right, the blog should be the source. I am thinking about creating a story in the form of an adventure and creating it as a tool for doctors to utilize to help their T2D patients understand all of the other things that are important besides the medication.

• Raymond says:

You get it already! You are the expert now. The only problem is to market your blog and I got the same problem as you. My blog is not at the maximum level yet to promote something for big audience. I am not sure where to promote your blog.
        I like your content very organised story telling, you even don’t cover anything you eat with rising in blood sugar level and the record of your progress it’s insane and not much have Diabetes Type II would do such writing in details for a long time and mostly give up.

• It’s a work in progress Raymond. But I am learning thanks to bloggers like yourself.

• Raymond says:

I have an idea about your blog but it needs a lot of work :

1. Why don’t you make more specific category for Type II Diabetes like food, exercise, or any other category that can explain more about your experience separately instead of putting all at one in one category.
        2. I think it’s better to put Quit Smoking on widget side with big image and linked to your quit smoking page which is more attractive to warn people (Use Image widget).
        3. Sports that you do or make hiking your sub category since you are also doing gym. Sports or Fitness as main and the rest as the sub, you can do this at Appearance then Menu.
        4. Your About page is ok maybe put some pictures of you hiking, relaxing, etc. or quit smoking banner or any other pictures that has strong meaning behind.
        5. I love your banner and it doesn’t need a change
        6. Actually attach facebook page will help you a lot too considering your blog is rare to find. I see your twitter on your blog is good! Not many people would like to spend their time and effort to manage more than a blog.

You can ignore them if it is time consuming for you and you are ok with your current setup.

• Oh you have me thinking…

3. I agree. A book is in order and Raymond has given you some helpful hints. Nothing wrong with self-publishing either. If it comes to that you will find the funding.

4. Yet another Superhero dons a new cape!

You’ve obviously found a system that works for you. I’m glad your blood sugar has shied away from the “100” mark. It’s very rewarding to see the results of taking control of your lifestyle.

6. Reblogged this on THE SUGAR HUNTER and commented:
    A really insight piece about living with Type 2 Diabetes and how to beat it.

7. I think you should go for it, nothing is better than reading someone’s account of managing a condition, it makes it ‘real’. Penning out your feelings and thoughts can help thousands of others. As a nutritional consultant I value real accounts, just as much as those written by the best in the field. You will cover the daily struggles and achievements, a biography/blog style is ideal, it’s not just about the science, but about being human.

8. Lety C says:

Go for it! I also think personal experiences are far more interesing than just theory.

• I believe they are. People love to read adventures and I think I may be on to something. I know that a resource has to be made available to new patients that will get them on the right track.