The Temptations of Easter and Another Injury

Galafeast2Well, I made it through Easter and all of the wonderful temptations that were presented before me. I did eat a few and did have a few drinks, but I did not go overboard. My blood sugar came way down from where it was yesterday, but still remains over 100 so I have some work ahead of me. The funny thing is that I have been putting on weight. In fact I am close to 10 lbs. heavier than I was six weeks ago.

I worked through a routine yesterday morning that I know helped bring my glucose down because I really ripped some muscles. As I was finishing up my routine with situps I noticed a little discomfort in my back. By bed time last night I really started noticing the pain in my back and here I sit with a big old question mark on my face… Now it wasn’t like I didn’t know this might happen as I felt a slight discomfort the day before, but still I pushed through both chest exercise one day and then arms the next. I have to always remember that working out like an athlete brings about the same problems that athletes go through, like injuries along the way. And at 54 years old I am certainly no stranger to these problems and know that as we age they can come for frequently. I am healthy and I know my back will heal quickly.

So it looks like I will be looking at some time off from strength training for a while. I have been writing quite a bit of negative things about my problems with fighting Type II Diabetes lately and don’t want anyone to think that I am being a downer. This is just my way of keeping tabs on my feelings at the time as I move on this mission. The truth is that there have been way more good days than bad. In fact I could honestly say that it has been probably around 80% good, and 20% problems. Not so bad. So I will keep on, keeping on.

NO WORKOUT TODAY

Meals
Breakfast- 2 Eggs
Lunch- Pork Chop, Salad
Dinner- Burger, Salad

This entry was posted in body building, fitness, food, health, life, primal, type II diabetes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Temptations of Easter and Another Injury

1. Raymond says:

You can go back on track starting Monday. Holiday has never been so easy especially with festival or events celebration. Anyway I love those food on the table 😮

2. I’m reading and nodding. Same affliction. Up 10. Need intervention.

3. Frank says:

We all have setbacks, and you just need to remind yourself of how far you have come. You are making changes to your lifestyle and are an advocate for others like you through your blog. And we all need a break once in a while!

Frank

4. det-res says:

Are you eating enough? I am trying to control my diabetes too, and I’ve been asked to eat small frequent meals. I was just wondering. I have only just started following your blog so I am sorry if I have missed your plans.

• I am questioning this myself. I am increasing my breakfast as it makes me feel full longer. It is such a fine balance that sometimes I know I am not eating enough of the right foods like salads and I later pay for it by having cravings for things I am not supposed to eat. My site is a work in progress and along the way I know that I will get it all dialed in. Thanks for following.

As you know, since you read my blog post, I encountered the battle of the bulge this weekend as well, except for a different occasion. Sorry about your back. I know as we get older, we’re only one injury away from knocking ourselves out of the gym, so to speak. Hang tough.

• Yea, I try to make the stay mindful of staying in the now and putting mistakes behind me. I can only learn from them and move on. Today is a brand new day and I take pleasure in claiming this day as yet another new beginning.

6. educater21 says:

So sorry about the injury. We really do have to be more cautious as we get older.
    The Easter temptation I fully understand. I have been staying away from sugar for the last month or so but being on vacation in Deltona, at my uncle’s home, I fell prey to the sweet temptations offered. I have since dusted myself off and am trying to get back on track. Keep up the mission. I am rooting for you in this battle.

7. educater21 says:

• Thanks, I seem to finally be getting back on track. I will be taking some time away from working out until I know the injury is completely healed. The good thing is that without the workout I don’t get the crazy cravings during the day. I hope you had a wonderful Easter, Despite fighting those temptations I spent it with family and our newest grandchild Lilly. 🙂

8. Guru Singh says:

How spooky – we both get injured around the same time. Thanks for visiting my blog and as you may have noticed my physio has got me back on the straight and narrow!