Friday Nights, Country Bars, Beer on Tap and T2D

post_display_cropped_open-uri20131122-12922-1l4wc42It’s Saturday morning and here I sit with a raging hangover. My blood sugar is way out of whack and I am thinking to myself, “What the hell happened last night”. We were just stopping by to meet friends who were saying goodbye to an employee who was moving on in here career. Just one drink and dinner, so we thought. NOT!

There is one thing I have learned about backwoods country bars… They are fun. I drank my favorite beer on tap while everyone opted for appetizers over dinner. I drank more beer, ate crap and drank more beer. By the end of the night my bar tab reflected a total of 8 16oz. glasses of beer. The most popular country songs throughout the years played over nightlife-music-country-barsthe sound system, everyone was laughing and joking and having a good time and I was loving it. Beer on tap goes down so much easier than bottled beer and you can hardly notice the fact that you are getting wasted until the next morning. I remember that we did this about 2 years ago and I thought I had learned my lesson then, but NOOOOOOO.

So it was probably a combination of the beer and appetizers that drove my blood sugar up this high and now I have to concentrate on getting it back down. The problem is that my head hurts too much to work out this morning.

Blood Sugar – 132, Weight – 167.2

This entry was posted in food, fun, health, life, Oregon, paleo, primal, simple living, type II diabetes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Friday Nights, Country Bars, Beer on Tap and T2D

1. Sandy says:

Sometimes you just gotta. ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Lety C says:

It doesn’t hurt to have fun once in a while! ๐Ÿ™‚ You are very disciplined man, you’ll be OK

3. merlinjr01 says:

Been there and done that: the beer, the food, the loud music, the hangover, and the blood sugar! Hey, what is life for if you can’t cut loose once in a while!

4. The older we get the easier it is to leave and go home but we don’t and the more difficult it is to get over hangover, the more we promise ourselves it will never happen again. All lies I tell you!

5. Chris Ripka says:

This was a fun story to read. I don’t usually get all the way through blog posts, but yours had me to the end. Good story.

6. CrazyKat1963 says:

You gotta cut loose every now and again. Sounds like you had fun. Good luck with that hangover.

7. freshsqueezedeggs says:

Oh, I feel ya! Sounds like it was great night! Glad you had fun! I’ve only been following your blog for a short time, but I gather that you are committed to better health! It’s okay to cut loose once in a while! As for the hangover, just keep thinking, ‘this too shall pass!” You’ll be okay!

8. Guru Singh says:

I know how you feel! My mantra these days is no alcohol – as even a small amount in it self is lethal but also leads to another one and then another! I am going to keep to it until I get to my desired weight – but I am really enjoying being alcohol free these days! No idea how long it will last!