11-10-14 – Monday – I Can and I Will!

icaniwill
Wow. My Blood Sugar is crazy high this morning. Weekends are so difficult on keeping strong with peleo. I ate a two handfuls of potato chips and a dozen crackers with salami and cheese and I skipped lunch yesterday. I will need to get my carb intake way down to get my blood clear of sugar. I also took a day off of exercise yesterday. I will get this whole thing figured out.

Carbs turn into sugars. Too much protein turns into sugars. Fats are the way to go. Fats are the way to get into a state of ketosis which I desperately need to do and stay there for at least a month. So let’s get this thing started.

I am playing too many dangerous games here and it has to stop. I will start eating correctly starting today. No more carbs other than fresh vegetables, no more beer, no more wine. And I will stay on a strict exercise schedule and give each workout all I have to give. During work hours I will spend most of my time standing. I will use the stairs, not the elevator. I will do squats at work every single day. I will stay mindful of everything I do and think about each decision based on my diabetic state.

I will find the will to make these small changes to take my health to the next level. I will get my blood sugar numbers down to near 80 and maintain them there for life. I will survive and thrive. I can and I will.

4:00 AM – Blood Sugar – 154, Weight- 174,8
Bowflex – ARMS
Tricep Pulldown – 140- 12, 12, 13
Dips – 310- 20, 23, 20
Curls- 150- 12, 12, 12
Hammer Curls – 120- 11, 12, 11
Situps – 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20 = 240

This entry was posted in simple living. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to 11-10-14 – Monday – I Can and I Will!

1. Sandy says:

Are you diabetic?
    I admire your determination.
    Since the post have you stayed on track? Sounds very disciplined.

• Yea Sandy, Type II. I made decision to live with it without meds. I am very determined.

• zirah1 says:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a like at Self-help Health. I always appreciate when someone does that.

BTW, I really admire your commitment and decision to not go the meds route w/ your Type II Diabetes. They almost always do as much (or more) harm as good, at least from my pov. Plus, they don’t “cure” anything….just try to treat symptoms. All-natural is the way to go, whenever and wherever possible. That’s one reason I started my health blog….to support people in finding simple, inexpensive, all-natural ways to be healthier and happier. Which is not to say I always eat healthy and get enough exercise, so I can relate to this post of yours. 🙂

2. Nice drive and motivation! Good for you for taking it on, keep it up!

3. shbowdoin says:

Yes, every worthwhile change starts with the first step. It sounds like you are getting a plan together. It might be helpful to a few though-out treats into your eating schedule, so you can start envisioning this new journey as something you could do for the long haul. http://www.weightjourney.net

4. docbam81 says:

Great attitude. From my clinical experience I can see that you are in a place where you are really taking this thing seriously. The hard part is maintaining the intensity. Know that from time to time you will slip because none of us are machines. But also know that the longer you try and stay disciplined, the easier it will become. That is a fact! Good luck.

• Thank You. I do find that I can read my body and take time off every now and then. I am making great strides and each success or failure makes me stronger and more determined to live a normal, healthy life with T2D.

5. vonchris says:

Good luck on your journey!

6. Mate,

The most important thing to keep you “on track ” with your health & fitness goals is imagination.

You have the will already. You wouldn’t come this far if you didn’t.

What you need to do is imagine – specifically visualize how your ideal self is and do this often. Your brain needs reminders. We all do.

Since our brain works in images, you need to feed your mind and brain with images of what you consider your ideal self needs to be. Just before dozing off at night and the 1st thing upon waking in the morning. Feed your subconscious mind the nutrition it needs through images and belief. You should do this every time you get tempted to do otherwise.

Your body goes wherever your mind goes. If you take back control of your mind every time you have temptation or doubt through visual images you will stay on track.

Here’s a formula :

Imagination (visualization ) + focus + heart (belief) + effort(work) + simulation = success in goal achievement.

Your NEED for the ideal YOU (benefits to you and your life ) has to be greater than short – term gratification.

Don’t stop believin’ and eliminate all thoughts of doubt.

You will succeed!

Cheers buddy!
    Paul.

7. What happened that you “fell off the wagon” spectacularly? Did some thing trigger it?
    Remember to do something fun or enjoyable for yourself that doesn’t involve food or drink every day to keep up your spirits. Low carb baking can help you feel less deprived but not damage your blood sugars.

8. johnlmalone says:

I’ve got a few years up on you and I am NOT giving up my red wine ! 🙂

9. Colleen says:

Your posts are so encouraging to me!! Keep up with the positive attitude 🙂

10. It’s hard to keep on track but keep going (that’s what I keep telling myself anyway!)

11. margaretnash says:

Great blog. Inspiring!

12. This was a well written and very inspiring blog post. You’re right – it’s amazing what a difference diet and lifestyle modifications can make. Some of the thoughts you wrote have gone through my head during my struggle with Hypothyroidism. My mom has type II diabetes & I’m determined to keep it (& my hypothyroid symptoms) at bay with lifestyle changes.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

13. Josh Avison says:

Keep Going 🙂 “At the toughest times is when it matter most” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

14. I am impressed on what you are trying to accomplish.. Keep it up, its harder as we get older but

15. I think because we are older the rewards are even greater !!

16. I have a better suggestion for reducing blood sugar than increasing fat since fat spikes insulin and it causes insulin resistance. See when you eat carbs, insulin converts the carbs into fat first and deposits it. Then it gets to be converted into glucose. Because you take one step out of the metabolic process by increasing fat, you clear the work of insulin so it collects in your blood and gets ignored–cry wolf. This is insulin resistance and that is diabetes 2. To prevent the increase of sugar and reduce insulin spike, do not eat simple carbs (white rice, pasta, bread, sugar, honey, anything that is without fiber). Eat only complex carbs (you must eat carbs else you become brain damaged) and eat it as per the Stanton Migraine Protocol (TM). Join my group–though you are not a migraineur. Once you’re in the group. the information is available to you. When you enter you will have some questions to answer but remind me that you are not a migraineur and then we won’t bug you with migraine details. Here is my FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/219182458276615/ Migraineurs are glucose sensitive so I devised a process. It works real well and also reverses diabetes–and it is free. 🙂 See ya there!
    Angela